1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News O2 launches iPhone app contest

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Jul 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

Surely the only app that should win this would be mobile allowance that is already in the app store.

I have signed up to become a judge though - would not mind some free apps!

3. bsoltan

bsoltan What's a Dremel?

While I read it I was already thinking of the mobile allowance app! I guess the guy can't enter it into this competition...

Shame that the iPhone SDK is only available to Mac users or there will be a larger bunch of people able to enter.

4. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Just been announced Apples profits are up 15% again. So that would take into account all the iPhones that have been sold AND all those lovely Macs that have been sold to hopeful App makers. They really hit the jackpot with the iPhone!

5. ryall

ryall What's a Dremel?

Good luck getting anything remotely innovative past the AppStore submission process...

6. Shuflie

Shuflie What's a Dremel?

Isn't the whole point of having the 95 free slots on a developer account to allow the judging to take place without actually putting the app on general release and getting it past Apple's mysterious criteria for the app store? Having said that though I think it would be hilarious if the winning app wasn't allowed onto the full App store, £10,000 down the drain for O2 and not even a decent explanation from Apple as to why they won't allow it to be released. :D

Tags: Add Tags