1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Wii trade price lowered in the UK

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Sep 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

$199 = £122

£122 + VAT at 15% = £140

So *only* getting ripped off by a third then....

3. binary101

binary101 What's a Dremel?

The Wii has Always been overpriced, for a 7th generation to not have any HD support or the ability to play DVDs, to cost this much its just criminal.

Last edited: 24 Sep 2009
  4. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

Aye, I'm not going to lie I've never been a big Wii fan. But, as an exercise in marketing you have to agree Nintendo could pretty much write the book right now!

5. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I got a Wii at a high price, novelty has worn off and I do regret getting it for the higher price but I do enjoy it and happier now I can play homebrew

6. sear

sear Guest

Not quite as bad as many other companies who just do a direct 100 USD = £100 or 100 Euros, but am I the only one who still thinks it is extremely lame that Nintendo's "price drop" for Europe simply brings it down to its original launch price again?

7. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

it's getting bundled in with the motionplus and wii sports resort soon, which isn't happening in America AFAIK. Also, US has sales tax too, but it varies per state so the MSRP never includes it. You can safely stick an extra ~15% on the US price to cover that.

People *always* forget that american prices are excl VAT. The price differences aren't actually that huge once you factor that in.

8. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Yeah i know that (p.s highest sale tax in the us is 11.5%, average is 7) , but that doesn't change the calculation, as i took a MSRP, without tax, coveted it and then added tax, so we are still being ripped off :)

9. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

OK fair I misread your calculations, but still we get WSR and motion plus which the US doesn't. Which is what, £30 of value I suppose?

10. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

You can skirt sales tax by buying online from out of state retailers who provide you with free shipping.

Prime example would be Newegg 194.00 shipped. Only states taxed are California(Los Angeles County residents: 9.75% City of Pico Rivera residents: 10.75% All Other California residents 8.25%), New Jersey(7%), and Tennessee(7%).

Last edited: 26 Sep 2009
Tags: Add Tags