1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Behind the scenes at Kingston Technology

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 21 Oct 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Very impressive.

3. Dirge

Dirge What's a Dremel?

My next memory upgrade will be with Kingston Technology. I am very impressed and its good to see at least some of the modules are made in the USA.

4. sc.uk^cRoSsFir3

sc.uk^cRoSsFir3 What's a Dremel?

"We took a trip to Kingston in California to get the low down behind the company: what it does, why it does it and does and how it accommodates performance enthusiasts like you and me"

My head hurts :s

5. Scootiep

Scootiep Minimodder

I've always liked Kingston memory, now I know why. Sure they might not offer us enthusiasts the "bleeding edge", but there is something to be said for a product that just works. I've never had a Kingston DIMM that I couldn't just pop in and run.

6. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

i'm impressed, Kingston has never been on my radar because i never knew much about them. i would definitely have a looksie at their RAM if iw as looking for an upgrade now. maybe they're savier than you thought Richard!

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

LOL point taken.

Maybe I should have charged commission :p

8. AuDioFreaK39

AuDioFreaK39 IT Journalist

Excellent write-up Richard. Bit-tech should have told me they were in town, I live five minutes away from Kingston in Fountain Valley!

9. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

You should do this more often, seeing their testing facility that checks every product makes me want to buy kingston ram when I get a student loan for my lynnfield upgrade :)

10. Valdisnei

Valdisnei Can i haz a dremelz!?

I lol'd about the graphic adapters used with the P5W-DHs! btw those old PCI VGAs are the most stable to this kind of test..

11. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

you guys still cant shoot any footage? or are you only allowed to take pictures, makes this whole lot more interesting if we could watch some of the machines at work and what not.

12. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

if i buy some i'll send you the invoice, you can go from there ;)

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Nope, don't have a video camera sorry. Dennis budget doesnt stretch to me taking a 5D MKII to shoot 720p video as well. :(

14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

"no demand for 8GB kits"???

make 4GB per stick affordable and i'll buy it! i've been waiting forever for those.

i don't understand how can memory manufacturers simply stand there and say making larger capacity sticks are useless? surely they are the ones want people to buy more RAM, not feel enough with their tinny 3GB machines. come on! i want 16GB.

15. mp3manager

mp3manager What's a Dremel?

Nice junket if you can get it.....California sure beats visiting Crucial in East Kilbride.

16. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Great article as always.

Now this has convinced to purchase some kingston next time. Oh and any chance of doing a G. Skill peek?

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I doubt it, they are quite secretive because of their small size (it's easier to steal trade secrets in Taiwan). The office, testing and packing area is committed to two floors of a building in Taipei. It's just not as interesting :p

18. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

very interesting...these articles are good eye openers. the last one i read was for a psu company, and i bought their psu because of their testing methods outlined in your article!

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

LOL Ill pass that onto Seasonic :thumb:

20. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

I've only ever known Kingston for cheap dodgy SD cards, interesting to see they're producing some quality gear now (Although I'm too set in my ways as far as brands go to bother with them).

Tags: Add Tags