News Gran Turismo 5 for summer release?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Dec 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

"Gran Turismo Forever"?

3. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

if you'd invested 50 quid when this came was announced you'd have enough for a ferrari by now.

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

A couple questions:

1) Why are we going to 'receive' this game so later compared to Japan? (3 months+ is unacceptable)

2) Why on earth are there only 20 tracks? (I assuming the 70 unique circuits number is in the guise of Suzuka being counted 3 times, reversed tracks etc).

I wonder if they will sort out the 'sense of speed' that I find so irritating about GT5:p (and GT:pSP). I can't really explain it but Forza seems to convey a sense of speed far better than any of the GT games.

5. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

i'll believe it when i see it, I'm beginning to believe it's vapourware.

And 3 month between Japanese release and the rest of us is good compared with how it's historically been, most people I've spoken to think March for Japan = Christmas for us, if were lucky.

6. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

It will be worth the wait, but it has been too long....

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

regardless of the wait im still looking forward to this.

8. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Erm, I don't know why you're so surprised - maybe you need a quick history lesson. That's the way they've always released the Gran Turismo games, which means this isn't really news to me since as soon as I heard a Japanese release date of March you could pretty much guarantee a summer release. The original Gran Turismo was released 5 months earlier in Japan, GT3 3 months earlier, and GT4 2 months earlier. In fact, GT2 was the only one which didn't see a much later release in NA, and even then the EU release was held back 1.5 months.

Regardless of different track configurations, that's still a total of 20 more than GT4.

9. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

i really doubt there will only be 20 tracks (70 configs). i bet there will be around 100 unique configurations.

but really, whos gonna race them all anyways? personally i will only play a select few other than when you have to race at a certain track. thats how it always is.

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

come out already you damn game

It's not normal that I still have to play a 5 year old game on a 10 year old console because I'm waiting for the next release

11. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Given how long we have had to wait for this game I can't see why we should have to wait a full 3 months longer than the Japs to play it. Whilst I agree in the past we have had to wait, in the current age of digital downloads we really shouldn't have to put up with this sort of delay.

Intriguingly GT:pSP has 70 tracks (unique variations). I wonder if the track listing in the PSP game is what we will see in the final release of GT5.

I just find it odd that a game boasting 1000+ cars only has 20 tracks (especially given how long we have had to wait). Personally I would have preffered it if they spent less time modelling 20 different versions of the same Skyline and more time on the rest of the game (yes GT:pSP I am looking at you...).

I really want to like this game but the longer we are kept waiting and the snippets of information we get given makes me think we will just have a GT:pSP all over again. Good game on the surface (fine for a pick up and play) but missing any sort of depth or actual game content.

12. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

By then, we are going to have mature DX 11 racing games running on Fermi, and possibly even die-shrunk ATI GPUs at full HD or above, with high levels of AA. Basically, GT5 will probably look pants in comparison.

Why on earth has it taken so long to come to market, my theory is that the coders were having too much fun 'evaluating' real supercars on real tracks to ensure the game is realistic!

13. OWNED66

OWNED66 What's a Dremel?

GT1 = good
    GT2 = crap
    GT3 = EPIC
    GT4= why even release it
    GT5= ???????

14. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

After the fiascos when sony first brought out the PS on the european community you`d thought they would have a little more sympathy, man whatta swizz. Especially after an obscene development time.

sooooo bored of this.

15. AWowzer

AWowzer What's a Dremel?

played gt5 prologue to see what all the fuss about gt was. textures were flat and cartoon like. handling was like the car was on rails. no sense of speed.

compare to playing grid or nfs:shift. great graphics, exciting edgy handling which makes u feel like always on edge of adhesion, sense of speed brilliant especially in shift. in car view in shift sense of speed so good its scary.

dont know why its taking gt5 developer so long. gt5p was nothing special. because it was nothing special when i hear of more delays i think its more because the developers are not very efficient or capable. mgs4 worth the wait. gt5 no. reviews always say gt5p amazing graphics. i dont get it. cars look okay but nothing amazing. everything else, like grass for example is a big unshaded lump of green.

new wrc content might be worth checking out but i am sure dirt 2 is more fun and looks better. we shall see. there is a lot of top notch competition. imo codemasters are the best at racing genre (grid, dirt 2 and upcoming f1 title just incredible strength in depth). only shift more exciting than grid. gt5 developers need to improve or will be in a very distant third place

Tags: Add Tags