1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GAME to sell music CDs in the UK

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Dec 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. The Jambo

The Jambo Last on the scene

I don't know what you're talking about. Meatloaf has stayed in the top 20 since 1981.

3. Hardware150

Hardware150 Minimodder

No one listens to him anymore? When did anyone listen to him ever?????

Also games retail business has been eaten into by the super markets, that also sell cd's, plus the majority of people buy there music online now, smart move much?

4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Noticed that, they use to sell dvd's and music before. Picked up foo fighters greatest hits for £10. Random impulse buy, prob could of got it cheaper online but it was cheaper than HMV who had it for £15

5. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

How long before there's a preowned section for music CDs in their shops as well?

6. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

And how long between the preowned section appearing, and GAME being sued / shut down under the RIAA...

7. sear

sear Guest

I don't understand what the image has to do with the article.

8. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

I couldn't tell you who she is, but I'm guessing she's a singer, hence the link to the selling of music CDs.

9. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

It's Rihanna, come on now. And there is far better pictures. Google images is your friend.

ON-TOPIC: I think that this is a short step to them slowly becoming an all-round entertainment store such as HMV etc.

10. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Diversification does one of two things in the high-street, depending on the purchasing power of the shop in question...

If purchasing power is significant (Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Walmart etc...) then it increases profits.

If purchasing power is not significant (smaller chains) it begins the slow death of the stores.

11. Ross1

Ross1 What's a Dremel?

whats the point?

I guess all the entertainment industries are pretty much the same. Although perhaps the record labels have been the most adept in getting people to swallow whatever crap they want to force down peoples throats. You could argue that the gaming market used to be slightly more discerning, but thats long gone.

12. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

The great thing about the news is, of course, miss Rihanna.

That move from Game is rather bonkus since online music business is growing and already are companies that have been selling pretty much everything for long long time.

I agree with Digi, there are better pictures but still a pretty good one, lovely lady... to the eyes at least

13. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I bet chris brown still beats her undercover.. meatloaf- that guy always looks like he just ate magic brownies

14. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

Will be nice to see them at RRP?, when supermarkets and online sales are much cheaper...?

15. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

Gah! You could have had an exclusive. One week ago;
    Also: Meat Loaf.

This is all. :)

16. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Like the Rihanna pic (wolf whistles)

17. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

"We know from our research that there is real overlap across entertainment products"

Really? Wow. And there I was wondering what on earth HMV, Amazon and Play were doing. I'm so glad they spent all that time and money to find out this worthwhile information!

18. fev

fev Industry Fallout

Game will be closed in 18-24 months.

I'll put money on it, entering the already dying CD market is an excellent indicator that things are going down the loo

19. 2bdetermine

2bdetermine What's a Dremel?

Ah! the modern rubbish. One must be wondered what the heck are they selling, sex or music by the look of their album arts.

Music from games are alot more interesting.

20. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Shame they can't manage to get a decent stock of the most in-demand games, perhaps sales would be better if they actually looked at the demographic they are selling to.

Anyone know where I can get "Just Dance" from in the UK before christmas? It has to be a big seller seeing as it's target market is to girls aged 11 to 40 (and beyond) but Game, along with every other high-street outlet, seems to be only getting them in small numbers.

Tags: Add Tags