1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Hellgate returning to US and Europe

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Jan 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

They got their work cut out for them because the original release was just awful. Biggest waste of $50. The 64bit version was so poor that my 32bit laptop with integrated graphics got better performance than my desktop /w a HD3870.

3. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i binned my dvd a long time ago shame really the game had legs but the stations / chat system was terrible

4. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Not that I'm one of them but I wonder if the people that bought Lifetime subs will get them re-instated

5. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

Cool, because I actually enjoyed this game. Yes it was a bit on the buggy side, but it was fun.

6. Mister_X

Mister_X Chaotic Neutral

Be nice to see what they do with it, Had potential in there , just underneath the thick layer of bugs.

Worth another shot.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

I enjoyed the game quite a bit although I never took it online. The future diablo theme was great and I liked the visuals, not to mention the array of different weapons. A quirky sense of humour nicely covered up a rather boring plot. Not exactly a cerebral game though and I can't imagine playing it for an extended period of time. I always played it when I was bored and didn't want to have to think too much about the game.

Should be interesting to see how its resurrected form shapes up.

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Most likely not, Eulas are like Mobile Phone / Broadband Contracts, you click / sign away any and all rights and in return they get to do whatever the hell they want.

However, it should not matter at all due to the following bit:

9. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

YES! Best news of the year for me! Woooo.. Loved Hellgate London, even with all it's flaws and shortcomings.

Huzzah :D

10. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

It's amazing how many people didn't realise that it had a single player component, and you could easily play the game offline.

11. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I was so bummed that the game didn't pan through.
    It was a very interesting niche and combined my two favourite game types, FPS and diablo style RPG's.

I'll keep my eyes out for the "resurrection" but I won't get my hopes up. IMO there was some fundamental flaws and bugs that need to be addressed gameplay wise to make it viable.

for starters that horrible tile system and overall environment that made every area boring, lacking soul and altogether interesting. Plus the myriad of bug and AI issues.

on the positive side. It had some very interesting gameplay and I loved just jamming out with a gun wasting baddies. I think they should revise the talent system somewhat and allow respecs, I don't get the negative stance towards respeccs especially on games that have large leveling times.

12. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Great game although I never did play online. The areas do get a bit redundant, but the ability to upgrade your equipment and such is really cool. It does have the occassional bug where it can freeze up, but doesn't happen to regularly and seems to not lose much in the way of progress. Been running it lately on Windows 7 and haven't experienced any new bugs.

Tags: Add Tags