1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bioware: "Mass Effect not coming to PS3"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Feb 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. SwiftDestiny101

SwiftDestiny101 Has a wire neatness fetish...

hawhawhaw

Finally news of a game staying where it belongs. Dont worry though the PS3 users will have the 12 year old fest of Uncharted 2 :p

3. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

Well I don't care, I got this on PC and have a PS3 for other uses, at least microsoft did not piss away 50million like they did on GTA add-on's that are coming to PS3, I hate all this exclusivity anyway....

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Woo more free DLC Cheesecake

5. scawp

scawp What's a Dremel?

Even if it did come out on the ps3 i wouldn't be buying it, Yawn-o-rama city, population - this game

6. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

would too many gamers winge if you had to connect online to apply your characters progress like tf2 where your hats and weapons are stored on server? that way pirates lose even more and it's pretty invisible to the user, unless server is down :(

7. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I would.

TF2 is a multiplayer game, so I have no problems with stuff being stored on the server, as I need to connect to it in order to play. ME2 is a single player game, and I shouldn't be required to connect to servers in order save progress. What if I want to take my laptop with me on a trip and can't connect to the net whilst I'm away?

Back on topic though, this is good news :)

8. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

And this is how to stop piracy. Goddamn idiots with SecuROM need to learn.

Constant updates is where its at!

9. banshee256

banshee256 What's a Dremel?

Mass Effect went from having a draconian anti-piracy scheme to having one of the most sensible I've seen so far, if you don't count not having any at all. Which is 1) surprising, given the reputation of the company distributing the game and 2) very nice for those that have actually paid to play this game. I just hope that most of the DLC stay free, as a 'thank you for not pirating our game' instead of 'you have to pay for those who pirate our games.'

10. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

If you don't have a good PC or Xbox you aren't really missing out on much. ME2 isn't that great, a pretty looking TPS like so many others. It doesn't hold a candle to Dragon's Age.

11. AiA

AiA Minimodder

I am probably going to buy ME2 for the PC next week, but do I need to be connected to the net to play? I am confused. You used be able to buy a game and then do what you want with it, resell it, give it away, install it on another pc.

12. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Still haven't played either 1 or 2. Could have got ME1 cheap over Steam during their sale, but it just doesn't appeal to me. It is definitely not worth buying another 360 for - nothing is that good.

13. fatty beef

fatty beef State Side

KAPOW! Free stuff.

ME1 is real good. The main story line is kick ass but the side quests suck.

ME2 is super entertaining. The main story line is pretty thin but the side quests are kick ass and the textures are 10000 times better with out any of that annoying popping.

Definatley not worth another 360 though. If you get real bored and have a few extra dollars sitting around tossing a graphics card and few sticks of memory into an rusty old dell with a Pentium4 and comparing it to a xbox is kind of fun.... Not that I would know about such things

14. Warrior24_7

Warrior24_7 What's a Dremel?

Bioware: "Mass Effect not coming to PS3". Orily?!! By saying something like that, thats usually the first sign that it is! the same thing was said about Oblivion, and Bioshock! Sony said that about Assassin's Creed and UTIII. This has happened countless other times. This could be just a "timed exclusive", so don't be surprised if this game ends up on the PS3 a year later!

15. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

Who cares... I mean really. Its on PC thats all that matters

16. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

unfortunately you ony have to check out the big torrent sites around the web to see that this antipiracy effort has failed....all the DLC content is already cracked. Shame, EA might push them to go for somethign more intrusive next time.

17. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

Most of the DLC wasn't even worth it, only good thing was the Incisor sniper rifle.

18. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Nope, Microsoft made them sign a contract. The whole series belongs to the 360 and PC.

Not that I don't mind, I've got a good PC, time to see if they allowed more Graphics options this time around. The last game really needed AA and better less spotty shadows.

19. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

that's shame, after xbox died on me i bought ps3, not coming back to m*soft, switched completely, sold pc and bought mbpro, threw away xbox and got ps3 instead

Tags: Add Tags