1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Community Interview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Dec 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Excellent interview, the link to the Blizzcon interview was amazing as well. The red shirt guy probably has provided hours of entertainment for Blizzard staff. :thumb:

3. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Nice interview and breakfast read. It's a bummer that there are a load more questions I can now think of! :wallbash:

4. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yeah, yeah...

I want to know when Diablo 3 will come out!

5. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Brilliant interview, with some interesting answers, they seemed a lot more open than they did in many interviews (including the ones on their site). Also very glad to see some of my questions in there :D

6. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Nice one and thanks for asking my question. The idea of creating new skins for all the druid forms hadn't occured to me.

7. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

They said they couldn't do fliying in classic because they would have to redeisng a lot of the zones (they did it just took several years).

for the amount of money they bring in and the size of the time. I don't think it's a convincing argument that they can't upgrade because of the amount of models they would need. Sure it would take some time. But it's not a colossal undertaking and it's not like they are short on cash or customer support. the wotlk graphics update did a lot I haven't played cata but I would like to see those upgrades and reskins continue as well as hopefully culling old items out of the game and old mats, crafted items etc that had no use anymore.

8. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

Just another person who wanted to say thanks for the great interview (better then the Eurogamer one with the same guys in my opinion).

I've just got back into WoW after hearing how Blizzard had changed the questing, and have been impressed with the improvements to this part of the game. Also, with my 5850 (on the highest graphical settings), the benefits of an older game engine are apparent with massive draw distances, which really make the game look great. With its cartoonish graphics, WoW hasn't aged badly at all :)

Last edited: 10 Dec 2010
  9. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Great interview. Thanks!

Good to hear they're addressing poly count in new races, and retro modelling older ones. Pity there's no new engine entirely, but so long as they keep updating.

Tags: Add Tags