1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Antec Soundscience Rockus 3D 2.1 speakers preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 23 Dec 2010.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

Not bad.. HA I am first in comment:0

3. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I prefer 2.1 with my computer for exactly the reason stated - not really enough room to position the speakers properly and most people have way too many wires hanging around their desk anyway.

Remote looks cool but I think they look slightly tacky with the chrome and honeycombe. Price is a bit suspect too!

4. hurrakan

hurrakan What's a Dremel?

The sub looks very similar to the sub with my older Aego M 2.1. I wonder how the Rockus compares and whether it's a better replacement?

5. hurrakan

hurrakan What's a Dremel?

That is Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1

6. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Christ, you can get some damn good headphones for less than that. And they would do surround a hell of a lot better as well, if you have the soundcard.

7. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

yep speakers cost more than cans.... well noticed ;-)

they look lovely

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

£170 isn't bad for a set of speakers either, if you actually get your moneys worth. It's just a shame the speakers look so damn fugly and cheap. I actually like the look of the sub and the controller..

9. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

yeah the satellites look like they're from a set of budget logitechs. seems like they stole the Aego's design for the sub, why not the satellites too? certainly no need for visible plastic on a set of £170 2.1's imho

10. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

Not really a valid point when some headphones cost thousands of pounds!

11. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Not a bad looking pair of speakers IMO (sorry guys).

For that price though surely you'd be better off with hifi components? I've yet to find any PC speakers that outdo my £150 Mission/Denon combo.

12. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

I dunno, some speakers cost hundreds of thousands, but I think you could say the statement is justified.

What I've always heard is to get the same level of quality you would have to spend significantly more on the speaker setup that on headphones.

13. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Usher S520. Audio Engine A5. M-Audio AV-20. nEar 04. Why bother with mediocrity?

If you're feeling particularly rich, Lenehan ML1/ML1PlusR.

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I don't like it when bit tech reviews stuff that is so 'subjective' depending on who uses the kit.

It's not a knock on you guys or whatever. It's just that it's kind of like if my mom talked to me about sex... It'd be awkward as hell

15. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

You need to spend a lot more than that on HIFI, you need to but an amp seperate and anything else like pre-amps which are ideally needed. The bass won't be as good with moniters against a sub so adding a sub to that adds to cost then you need a preamp. What is you combo?

You don't get the same feeling with headphones i find, you can't feel it.

16. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

Completely agree with you, I much prefer listening to music using speakers as you just can't 'feel' the bass near as well. All comes down to preference at the end of the day.

17. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

The price isn't bad for the features offered but it sounds like they haven't got them sorted yet. I'm definitely interested in the 3D aspect as I tried 7.1 but soon gave up as there are just too many odd angles in my study.

I reckon I'll stick with plain old stereo and my Soundsticks 2 for a little while yet - excellent sound quality all the way through the range, even when the bass is rattling the windows :D

18. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Tell that to your guests when they're left in silence because you spent everything on headphones. :D There are uses for speakers which come down to more than just personal preference.

Tags: Add Tags