News Hard Reset release date announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Aug 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

Oh no. A price like that has to tell me that they have no confidence that the game is going to be a big seller, and that price is going to be a main factor in most buyers minds and not how much they want to play it.
    A more appropriate price for an independent game like this without the big publisher support would be $35-40. $25 or so is too cheap.
    I hope I'm wrong because I was looking forward to it.

3. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

You ain't converting it right... It will be closer to $35 for you.

4. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Can publishers win? $60 - too expensive - console games only. $45 - not what it used to be in the good ol' days. $25 - must be rubbish.

I only look at the price after I've made up my mind about whether I like the game or not, based on reviews and videos. I then either wait until it's cheap enough to give it a whirl (like the Witcher 2 and Deus Ex Human Revolution - still waiting on those), or get it straight away if it's made that good an impression on me.

5. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

I hope you're wrong too, this games does look interesting. As for the price, I don't generally complain when games are cheap :eyebrow:.

Also, the reason for it being that price could be because they have little or no big publisher support, no-one breathing down their necks telling them to overcharge...???

As always, I will wait for BT to review it.

6. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

I just looked on Steam, $29. Currently on special for $26. You're getting ripped off, but that isn't news to you. I might be tempted to point out VAT, but does Steam even pay VAT? I know they don't in my region.

If it is a great game at a great price, then I'll be over the moon and herald it as the beginning of a new day for publishers everywhere. But I don't see pigs flying so I'll assume that past experiences of poorly executed games will hold true.

By the way, you are far too optimistic. You should be living up (down?) to your username and insert more gloom and doom into your posts.

7. thil

thil What's a Dremel?

Au contraire, I'd say that such a price means that they think a *lot* of people are going to want to play it.

In my opinion, $35AU is what ALL games should be released at.

8. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

They should do unless they have found a channel island to base their services in. It's currently at £20 and I can't see any where else to get it from, I'm no rush though, still got plenty of other games to enjoy whilst I await reviews on this.

ps I originally wanted to put $30, but thought that was too cheap, do they not add some tax on in the US?

Tags: Add Tags