1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Horus Heresy Board Game Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 9 Oct 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Why are the miniatures made out of candle wax?

3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Cheap, low grade plastic always looks like that. It's what you get for people building to a cost not building to a quality.

4. vampalan

vampalan What's a Dremel?

The plastic figures are begging to be refinished and painted. Pass.

5. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

You never painted Hero Quest figures?

6. Gascogne

Gascogne What's a Dremel?

I have played Horus Heresy board game couple of times and it is fun. ^^

7. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

Amazed at how expensive the game is. I can't see what about it justifies that price point at all. Thinking back to the older games, they were never that expensive. And this was back when they were doing real creative work, games like Adeptus Titanicus, Space Hulk, Blood Bowl and so on, where they actually had to create the mythos and the units involved never cost that much.

If that's a typical price point for a Games Workshop game then they are going to be missing out on a lot of potential fans who simply won't be able to justify the 'buy in' cost to pick their first game up.

8. Ergath

Ergath Giant Zombie Pigeon Photographer

Agree with Hovis. When ah were 'lad, the original Space Marine boxed wargame was around 30quid,as I remember. It came with several hundred (very small) miniatures, lots of cards etc. etc. and had clearly needed a lot of development time. The trend over the years has always been for GW to get more and more expensive - I stopped buying stuff in the mid 90's and I get the impression they adopted a new business model at around that time which relied on raising all of their prices through the roof.

In fairness it was clearly the right move, as they are now a global brand and the money appears to have been ploughed back into generating more content very much in the spirit of the original 40k universe - the Dawn of War series is the realisation of a childhood dream for me, so I can't fault GW's creative credentials.

9. hardflipman

hardflipman What's a Dremel?

This is a Fantasy Flight produced game though not GW. And i saw it in waterstones for £90!

Tags: Add Tags