1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware ASRock Fatal1ty Professional-M Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 16 May 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. cookie! nom nom

cookie! nom nom Minimodder

i am not so worried about the turbo, as me and most other people would overclock it, after all its a gaming motherboard so it going to be overclocked some time i its life

3. Pelihirmu

Pelihirmu What's a Dremel?

No way I'm gonna spent so much money on a ASRock board! :D

4. bullseye

bullseye Who dares wins

The fatality tag seems appropriate with it coming dead last in most tests.

5. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I'm quite taken with ASRock. I have the P67 Extreme4 board that Bit reviewed mid-last year, and I'm very happy with it. I'm not exactly hardcore when it comes to modding or overclocking or anything, but it was a synch to work with, looks lovely and is doing me proud despite the fact I have a horrible old case with none of the screw holes in quite the right place.

Certainly nicer than the fugly old Asus I had previously. Hurrah for vomit coloured motherboards!

Last edited: 16 May 2012
  6. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

I'd love to see how these Z77 boards behave with a sandy bridge cpu - just to see if motherboard upgrade to a 2600k or a 2500k would achieve a performance boost.

7. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

As soon as I got as far as "Fatal1ty" I stopped reading. That tool still cashing in on his long lost glory?

8. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Eh not bad for a board. But after one outing with ASRock I've become wary of their offerings. They're mediocre at best.

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Of course he is. He'll milk it for all it's worth, as would anyone else. Just because you or I think he's a t!t doesn't mean we should expect him to commit commercial suicide; as nice as that would be. ;)

10. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Untrue. In the recent years they've launched a couple of very good motherboards... Too bad this one doesn't seem to be one. Seriously why on earth did they think the Fatality-branding would be a good idea?

Also, a molex-connector... FFS I haven't had any molex-devices in my computers for years, and now they want me to plug in a modular molex-cable just to give the mobo some extra juice? Bah.

11. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

I love the features of the thermal sensor zones of the sabertooth motherboards, does the "Fatal1ty" motherboard have that as well ?

12. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

I get the feeling people don't like this Fatal1ty bloke...

13. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

looks like a really nice board! .. when i'm in the market again for an upgrade, i'll have to keep Asrock in mind

14. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I understand your criticism of the turbo at stock, but nobody will be buying this board and not overclocking it! all in all, good work.

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The man is a clown of the highest order and a grade-A tosser... He's also not very nice...

Personally I'd stay clear of anything with weasely wendel's face on it

16. Xunsu

Xunsu What's a Dremel?

Haha,

I dunno how you know that.

I was reading that Mr Fatal1ty likes top end rock soild stuff, so I through to myself " I bet he has a Asus ROG" not a ASrock Fatal1ty

ASrock have stepped up there game somewhat in recent years. I can't help but feel bit techs testing needs to be redone, as we often see boards with off performance, if they have the same chip set and save controllers etc shouldn't they be 99% the same?

17. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

this mobo has some decent OC numbers.

18. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

ASRock appears to have really stepped up their game since breaking off from Asus. Just the same, the Fatal1ty branding kills it for me, too. The guy strikes me as a douchebagel of the highest order, and therefore, he won't get a dime of my money.

19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I use the old P67 Extreme4, it's not bad outside of odd VDroop and frankly atrocious driver support. But outside of that I can't say they're bad, just that they are feature-filled then oddly missing some features.

I have to say though seeing as I got it for $100 I can't complain at all. Gets my 2500K to 4.3 no problem. I'm content. :D

20. Dexx

Dexx What's a Dremel?

The Brits have it good. Here in Aus the Asus Gene V costs $70 ( 47 pounds) more than the fatality prof-m!

Tags: Add Tags