1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Metro: Last Light preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 30 Jul 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. DBA

DBA I do my modding with a spoon

Glad to see they are sticking to the original formula. The first game was really beautifully made, and this one looks to be even better.

Can't wait to wipe my warface!

3. Energizer bunny

Energizer bunny What's a Dremel?

Really wasn't a fan of the first one. It wasn't without good moments but anytime it went outside it totally lost the plot. The ending was also utter bobbins. Plus it suffered dreadfully frim Crysis-itus in that the early levels when you were fighting humans were great fun but the latter half of the game when you switched to high HP monsters who just charged you was dull as hell.

4. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Gotta say, I didn't get past the first topside area in the original. Bored the tits off me and I even gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried playing it a further THREE times. Couldn't do it. It's a definite Marmite game.

5. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

+1, I loved the original and I've been anxiously awaiting news on the sequel. Thanks for the preview Joe :thumb:

6. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

really enjoyed the first one, might convince me to upgrade my radeon 5850.

7. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I need to install the first already.

8. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

Oh STALKER 2, I miss you terribly. You died before we got to know you. Too young...too young. **sobs**

9. Adis

Adis What's a Dremel?

I have finish the first game and deleted it. I won't touch it or any sequel anytime soon.
    The start was interesting but the game become boring and repetitive too soon, and the end was awful.

10. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Played the first three times now & after reading this and getting all excited for Last Light I will be installing Metro 2033 for a fourth time not to be disappointed.

I am happy to see they have stuck with their roots as the first game was astonishing in both gameplay and atmospheric. I disagree with the reviewer that is was a hard game to get into. Maybe you can look at it and say most games these days feel watered down & are too easy. For example I find playing Mario World on the SNES far difficult then it was in the day it was released.

11. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

now a question:

this and metro 2033 are supposed to be big `physx` titles - any news about that?

12. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Metro 2033 is quite heavy on Physx so if you have a decent rig which can run it maxed out then go for it. Assuming Last Light is also running on the same engine but more updated it should run just as well. Here look at this video - http://physxinfo.com/news/2447/advanced-physx-in-metro-2033/

13. Kilmoor

Kilmoor lurker

I'm a crack junky for the STALKER series, and have played through all three games multiple times. I was totally displeased with Metro 2033, mainly because it was on rails but also because the graphics engine was wonky. I mean, wtf couldn't I run the game reasonably in 5760x1200 with a 4.5GHz Gulftown and SLI 570s at 920MHz? I understand the VRAM ceiling, but every other game runs brilliantly... I digress. The engine was flawed for Clear Sky, they fixed it for CoP. Is there any hope for the kick-butt X-Ray engine to return to full performance for Metro: LL? Seriously, STALKER is the best game environment I've ever enjoyed, and I been playing since Pong. I'd love to see some redemption for killing STALKER 2!

Tags: Add Tags