1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News City of Heroes shutting down

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 3 Sep 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Sad to see this. I spent many months playing this and loved it. Good luck to the devs on this one. They deserve to be given another project.

3. demonisch

demonisch What's a Dremel?

It is really sad, but can they not release the game in open source or something? Let fans setup their own servers to host the game and carry on playing?

4. Icy EyeG

Icy EyeG Controlled by Eyebrow Powers™

That'd be awesome and reasonable, but no company would do that unfortunately. This is one of the reasons I don't play MMO or any online games: When I purchase a game, I expect to be able to play it whenever I want, even if it is 10 years from now.
    Unfortunately these companies only see profit, and don't respect the fanbase enough to give the game to the community after so many years of devotion (and financial gain).

5. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

It is stupid that they hold onto an IP, they have no intention to put any more funds into it and they refuse to give it to anyone else to invest in.
    kind of like why I hate Fox, because they have done the same thing to Firefly :p

6. notacatgirl

notacatgirl What's a Dremel?

Tags: Add Tags