Hardware Corsair Graphite 230T Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 15 Oct 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

I'm kinda digging the color (what a shocker, right...), but the layout even for an affordable case is far from ideal.

I still have nightmares about the CoolerMaster 690 cases with a damn christmas tree of wiring going from the bottom all the way to the top and the two last photos of this case tell a lot. No real cable management possible without modding the heck out of it.

3. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I like the color! Shame that there are no rubber gromets on the cable cutout holes.

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I think the actual cable routeing is very good - given more time it's possible to make it a lot neater than we did, although the piddly cable ties it came with weren't up to much as you can see. The rear panel has enough space to hide most things but agreed it would have been nice to include the grommets as well.

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It's nice to see them try out different colours but, peformance graphs aside, it looks like a £30 case from EZcool or CiT. Plus, acres of mesh = noise.

6. Panos

Panos Minimodder

The top of the case is designed to put a H100, hence the extra mesh.
    Shame I just mod my Alum Lian Li to fit it, just last week.

7. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I like the colour, but not the LED fans. Black fans will be fine, thanks.

8. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Personally I would like to see a solid, well made, high end case completely stripped out of all the 'extra' features such as fan controllers, ALL fans, ect... but still have the basics covered such as HDD cages, cable routing and a great overall layout design. Hopefully with all the 'extras' stripped out the price would be around the same as these budget cases and we would be left with the option of adding exactly what extras we each want with our own system rather than having loads of things that many of us don't want just being taken out and thrown in a box for spares.

9. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

It's a fair point, and we've actually been offered a few cases that ship without fans for review, but they create problems in terms of testing as our default method is to test cases as they come (and at the various appropriate speeds if supported). We'd need to add our own fans which instantly makes it a less valid comparison and also brings up questions like what fans to use, how many, where to put them, what speeds to run them at etc.

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I think the current policy is the correct one - test them as they come. Adding fans for testing throws out the value score, and affects the overall score. People need to know exactly what their money is getting them.

11. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I hear you guys and understand but it does leave a serious gap in the review section. Maybe it could be done as an article rather than a review as many of us would like to know the answers to the points made by Dogbert666. These cases are out there to buy but I have no idea where I would stand with them as they don't get reviewed for comparison.

On a side not, this case although very expensive does interest me from a review perspective.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry69cy383B4

Tags: Add Tags