1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Steam Holiday Sale launches

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 20 Dec 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Damn you bit-tech! I was faking I hadn't noticed the Steam sales, but I can't now! :(

3. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

I told the wife a game I had on my steam wish list was in the sale, she said, you've had enough games this year, :-(

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Assetto Corsa looks interesting, is it any good though?.

5. DrTiCool

DrTiCool Minimodder

I own AC and so far it looks promising, right now the game is just hotlaps 'cause there's no AI or multiplayer yet. Better get a wheel for this game although even X360 controller is fully supported and developer is prettty dedicated to player user base, just look at official AC forum. They even working on Oculus Rift addon which works with some flaws right now.
    They should release a demo because driving model is pretty responsive and feels solid
    did I say there are Ferraris

6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I have a logitech g27 so wheel is sorted :)

So at its £23 sale price you will have paid for its potential but don't know what the full game will be?

It looks nice but I rarely pay that much for the finished article, think I'll waiting for it to finish an come on sale.

7. Jimbob

Jimbob Minimodder

Is it only me that really hates "the holidays" rather than just plain old Christmas. It started in the US but I've seen it in the UK this year and I'll be damned if I'm going to put up with it!

8. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Its because in this modern politically correct world Christmas is seen as an affront to other religions, so people call it "the holidays" so as not to offend anyone.

9. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Might offend people who are working over Christmas....no holidays in sight :p

10. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

there is to much of this "oh you can't say Christmas" guff, it's Christmas here, so say its Christmas, if they don't like it tough.

11. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Anyone interested in worms revolution.

My son wants it and I'm quite happy to buy a four pack and then people pay me via bank transfer if I have enough interest.

£3.75 a copy.

12. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Noticed the sale was on, looked at the games that are on sale and I was like Meh!

They could have most games reduced but I wouldn't buy them from Steam after there attitude towards refunds, so I am sticking with Origin from now on.

A few friends though have already spent over £200 each on different games, but I have to laugh because they hardly have time to play what games they already have let alone new ones.

14. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Just Grabbed 3D Mark for £1.89 :D

15. Weebob

Weebob What's a Dremel?

Just did the same, after all these years of using it thought I'd better finally pay up

16. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

In previous years I have seriously spanked the plastic on Steam's sales, but this year? There's been a couple I've spent on but no more than one every other day max. Dunno whether that means I've bought too many in the past, the Sales aren't as good anymore, or there just aren't too many great PC games around at the mo...?

Tags: Add Tags