1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The Last of Us strikes film deal

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 7 Mar 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

The Last of Us, Minecraft, World of Warcraft, Need for Speed, Assassins Creed and LEGO. Does Hollywood have any original ideas anymore or does it just go into Toys 'R Us for inspiration?

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

This makes no sense to me.

I think it should be

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I wish they did have some original ideas other than, something bad happening, a British person being the bad guy and only America can save the world.

It's even happening with the likes of COD and Battlefield to name two when you look at the campaigns in games.

5. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

While on a the hand of the other I found it was is a most reading interest.

Yoda. Everything I know he taught me he did.

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

What :confused:

I understood the bottom part but the top part made no sense to me either unless I am missing something.

7. enciem

enciem Minimodder

Much grammar mistake happen

8. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

is this yet another `Uwe Bol` production :p

9. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

"headed up by Sam Raimi"

Not going to be too bad then.
    Or at least Uwe Bol bad

10. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I have to agree that Hollywood seems to have lost all ability to be creative with their own ideas for quite a while now, however the story in Last of Us is that good that it could make a fantastic film so I'm not too bothered about this one.

I wonder if they'll cast Ellen Page to play Ellie after the minor dispute they had about her being not overly impressed that they made the character use a likeness similar to her.

11. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I think it would be a really poor choice to tell the story of Joel and Ellie. Even if they changed it from what the game showed us. That relationship took SEASONS to be forged and who wants to really go to a movie already knowing about the characters in some way. Hopefully it's going to be about other people within the last of us universe that we haven't met yet so that way when things happen, we aren't prepared for it. I don't want to go to the movies to see a stripped down two hour version of the epic game I've beaten 10+ times since it's come out.

12. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

Well it depends. Need For Speed they decided to have no CGI at all which immediately got me interested, you have to hope that every producer tries to do something to make sure you *might* watch their film, rather than just saying "screw the people that played the game" and doing an Uwe Boll.

LEGO I will disagree with you re blaming Hollywood, considering the toy company itself went straight out after first the videogame biz, then the film industry, and has done very well out of both.

13. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

A humour of sense is being missed.

14. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

im just suprised how they think this is a good idea.

they could prolly shoulda down it as an animation. done it all in house and use the game engine as it is or uber maxx the sttings out .

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Screw film - PC Port please! I'm not buying a PS3 for a single game :(

16. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

Sam Raimi AND Ghost House Pictures together, now that's a good combination it's gotta be good

17. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

I was fortunate enough to attend a speaking event hosted by Bruce Campbell back in the late 90s. It was a very open format where Bruce took questions from the audience. Even then, 15 years ago or so, one of his complaints was Hollywood's lack of originality. Nearly everything was, and still is, either a sequel or a remake of something else. As soon as I saw the first advert for the NFS movie, I figured out what it was based on even before they rolled the title at the end. I thought to myself, "Just another rehashed idea, yippee."

18. sandys

sandys Multimodder

You'll be able to get it on Playstation Now when it launches later in the year.

Film might be good, but the game was like a big interactive film, is there much more to tell?

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I didn't think it possible to spell 'PC' wrong, but Sony have managed it.

20. sandys

sandys Multimodder

It is starting on console but will be rolled out to TVs, smartphones and other non Sony gear according to site, can't imagine they would miss PC out they support PC with their other streaming services.

Tags: Add Tags