1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware NZXT Phantom 530 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 5 May 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'm not a fan of the Phantoms' style and I think a glossy finish is heretical as well as just plain wrong. However, I suppose they had to find their own path, lest they produce another insipid chassis that triangulates between the tiresome Fractal and Corsair offerings.

Last edited: 5 May 2014
  3. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Personally I think it looks just like a SilverStone Raven case, only smoother, with a door and without the rotated MB layout. I don't like the arched top as when I connect my USB HDD I like to have it sit on top of the case and out of the way. NZXT seems to be taking the approach of flooding the market with constant releases to raise awareness but for me, while all their cases are good, none of them stand out as a case I would like to buy...

4. trintragular

trintragular What's a Dremel?

Me neither. I'm surprised the style is popular enough for them to keep on making them.

I wonder if any existing Phantom owners would purchase another as I'd imagine the novelty of such a design would wear off pretty quickly.

5. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Agreed tbh I've never liked them reminds me of a cheap generic ebay case

6. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

NZXT 440????

Review: MIA

7. rollo

rollo Modder

I own the original white phantom that a bit tech member helped with its creation off and I like it fits in the water cooling kit I use easy enough and was not super expensive. Style of case is pretty meaningless to me as nobody but me ever sees it.

Outside of Alienwares mad designs most pc cases are what they are a variation of a box. How well it cools and how easy it is to use is much more important.

My only wish of bit tech is that they would fill the case with, A: newer equipment B: actually fill the fan slots as most people on here will do anyway.

8. hero1

hero1 Minimodder

I have to agree with Spreadle. They do need to change their design. Perhaps keep going with the H630/440 style but with improved air and cooling design.