1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware NZXT H440 Special Edition Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 23 Feb 2015.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I quite like the look of this, which is annoying because I sooooo wanted to hate it and spew some bile about it, as is my wont.

I wouldn't buy one, because it's too big, but I really like the layout and some of the little touches. It feels like it's worth the outlay, which is rare for a PC chassis IMO.

The Razer branding doesn't look bad either, although I'd probably go for the standard H440.

Is the matt finish exclusive to that edition, or is it available as standard? It does look like it might scratch up easily though...

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I think the black versions of the standard edition do feature some kind of matt finish, although it's meant to be a more premium finish here. Unfortunately we don't have a standard case to compare it against!

4. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

The regular black models are done in a matte finish with gloss coloured accents (red, orange, green or blue), the white one however is fully gloss.

I think the special edition has been done with a higher quality matte finish though.

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

On Amazon standard versions are around £85-£100, the special edition £143. A lot of extra money for some green lights and Razer branding.

6. Primey

Primey What's a Dremel?

The Razer version is way too expensive compared to the standard versions. You could buy green leds yourself and mod the case for cheaper than £143. Sure you wouldn't have the green power button or USB and no branding but it's close.

I hope Razer one day releases a completely black version.

7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

This seemed appropriate.

[​IMG]

Tags: Add Tags