1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Overclockers UK Infin8 Nebula Gaming PC Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 6 Mar 2015.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

So, I've just benchmarked my 4690K (4.6Ghz) with 970SLi and got a score of 5000 in Unigine Valley at the exact same settings.

This PC is more than twice what mine cost yet is only 20% (ish) faster...yeah, I think I'd rather have the extra £1.5K than the 20% TBH.

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Fair enough :) It's never going to be twice as fast but obviously if your system is air-cooled, then you'd have to subtract the cost of all the water-cooling gear as well so - assuming yours is air-cooled then the saving would only likely be around £700-800 given that it's not just the cooling hardware cost but also the man hours building it.

In pure gaming terms there's probably not a lot to be gained from the 4790K here either so you could chop that if you don't need the extra four threads, but it's obviously a lot faster in some situations than your 4690K as well. Depends what you're looking for really and how much time and experience you have.

4. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Sure is a ugly thing though :yawn: tbh I never get impressed with bench marks

5. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

..but the reason I never mentioned the water cooling aspect is because it is completely unnecessary.

I have a £60 air cooler that keeps my CPU well within thermal limits and my Asus GPU's never go above 70c.

I don't see the point in running stuff 10c (or whatever it maybe) cooler just for the sake of it..

6. icyironside

icyironside What's a Dremel?

be carefull with overclockers there not good with returns ;)

7. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I guess I'm lucky, as they've not given me any problems with returns in the past two years.
    They used to be quite bad in the past but I've found that their customer service has been improving year on year.

As for the case, it does seem a bit overkill but some people like to be overkill so for those people the price isn't too bad considering you get a fully built system with quite a nice looking water-cooling layout.
    Personally I would prefer it in the black and yellow colours of their "Swarm" system.

8. megamale

megamale Minimodder

Possibly the noobiest question ever but how did they get the infill of the 240 vertical rad? I can't see any tube going in!!! magic?

9. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Was true a few years ago.

Also true but only since they got bought out by another company.

10. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

It was casekings.de that bought them wasn't it?

11. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

The purple here is just one of the 10 colours you can set the RGB LED strips too using a button on the I/O panel, which controls both the external and internal ones together. Yellow I believe is another one of those ten, so this is perfectly possible :)

Technically caseking.de - but yes!

12. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

It's actually at the bottom right behind the other port as usual - tricky to see in the photos as most I took had the front port blocking it, but it is there :) It goes up behind the rad itself to the rad in the roof. You can just about see it at the top here http://images.bit-tech.net/content_...ula-gaming-pc-rev/ocuk-nebula-2-1280x1024.jpg

13. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

Very nice rig, but rather costly.

14. exceededgoku

exceededgoku What's a Dremel?

Problem is some people would rather spend the extra £1.5k FOR the 20%, myself included...

Tags: Add Tags