1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Gaming H2100 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 2 Apr 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

The first thing I think of when I look at a device, any device is how the visual first impressions make me feel and I just don't like that yellow. Corsair Gaming have really baffled me, when it comes to their keyboard and mice, it's all about RGB colours and yet they limit them by their choice of that sickly yellow in the logo, why wasn't it just frosted like the Corsair part? So now, with devices like this they find themselves limited to making the detail highlights... yep, that God awful yellow. It really does seem that the design team and the features team just didn't communicate with each other with their final ideas... A shame really, because yes, something that superficial is enough to make me never... and I mean never, buy Corsair Gaming no matter how good the product is.

EDIT: I don't know how true this is or whether it is just marketing to get people to buy a specific product, but I do think it is telling that the only Corsair Gaming mechanical/gaming keyboard marked 'hot seller' on SCAN is one with the 'Sails' logo...

3. burningsky25

burningsky25 What's a Dremel?

Can't say how much I wish they just stuck with the sails logo and the general aesthetic they had already. I love Corsair, I've got Corsair speakers, keyboard, mouse, mousemat, case, power supply and ram. I think the only product they offer that I don't have is their ssd's as the Samsung's is simply superior. I would love to upgrade my gear sometime to the new RGB lineup but that tramp stamp is seriously deterring, and the bright yellow does not match my current setup at all. Whenever I see the new Corsair Gaming products mentioned online the first thing everyone talks about is just how terrible that logo is, I really, really hope they revert to the classy sails logo. If that ever happens I will absolutely upgrade, but until then it's a painful choice to make, and for a lot of people it won't be difficult.

4. Dedlite

Dedlite What's a Dremel?

I've got the K70 RGB (brown switches), as a lovely kb it is too. The logo doesn't make that much of a difference (too me) - come on, it's not that big, and I don't make a point of looking at it really. Good god, guys.

5. grimerking

grimerking Minimodder

Do they work with xbox? The USB bit would plug in the back of the machine. Does XBox support third party drivers?

6. burningsky25

burningsky25 What's a Dremel?

You may be right, I might be over-reacting :) IMHO though this is a great example of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it.' Regular Corsair products have a classy, attractive logo and a colour scheme that I find works well in multiple environments or builds, and Corsair Gaming seems to have ditched this for a more outlandish, less attractive logo with a much more exclusive colour scheme. Granted, the colour scheme doesn't come into play much with their mouse and kb, but it is still unfortunate.
    For me at least the Corsair logo is something that has always stood out for me as a more refined and attractive logo compared to some of the competition, especially Razer. While I'm not saying they've ditched the whole aesthetic it's sad to see the loss of such an iconic and likeable logo on products that are otherwise really likeable.

7. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

You could apply that logic to any aesthetic choice you could make, so just because it isn't an issue for you doesn't mean it it isn't for others. Some people like to pay attention to details, I wonder what MOTM's would look like if they followed your attitude of acceptability? Regardless of size of the logo, it doesn't detract from the principle behind it... and I don't like and so do not want that yellow. As a result they will not be getting my money.

I mean, 'Good God' am I not allowed to have a different opinion to you?

EDIT: While I totally agree with burningsky25 I'd also like to clarify my main issue with the new logo. I also prefer the Sails of old but my main issue is the introduction and limiting factor of the yellow branding, especially when you consider that their keyboards and mice offer RGB lighting. Why not just have the whole logo (of any design) the same frosted effect?

Last edited: 8 Apr 2015
  8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

What amuses me the most is the low end Raptor brand actually looks so much nicer than these high end products!

9. Guest-17499

Guest-17499 Guest

I would still stick to real audio companies for buying headphones

Tags: Add Tags