1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony adding YouTube Gaming streaming to PS4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 2 Sep 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

Are they ever going to offer DNLA streaming without having to work around with 3rd party softwares? I still use my PS3 for streaming and although I don't care that much (not really that interested in upgrading right now) replacing a console with a console and a media streamer seems backwards and a bit of a misfire by Sony as it also means if I want DNLA in my console then my next one should be XBone

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

There's a first party Media Streamer app now available which does DLNA. I know, 'cos I use it. It's not a patch on the PS3's version - I've found a few file formats it refuses to play, and there are no visualisations when playing music - but it works.

Now, if anyone can tell me why the PS4 is the only living-room PlayStation to not offer Red Book CD Audio support, I'd be eternally grateful...