1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Warner Bros. offers Arkham Knight buyers a full refund

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 2 Nov 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

99 little bugs in the code
    99 little bugs in the code
    Take one down, patch it around
    117 little bugs in the code

3. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

I'm really in two minds about this.
    Part of me wants everyone who bought the game to refund it, and watch WB's coffers shrink and the shareholders to bay for blood.

The other part makes me think that if the former idea happens, they will just give up on PC altogether.

Actually, come to think about it, I couldn't really care if they left the PC market if all they're going to do is repeat the same crappy quality ports they are now pretty infamous for.

4. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

In that case can you buy it, play it, and then get a refund?

5. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

This is effectively Warner Bros saying the game, as it stands now, will be as good as it gets as they are not prepared to devote any more resources into fixing it properly.

6. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I find it hard to believe there are problems that can't be fixed, even if they have to do something drastic like rebuild it in a different engine. I'd happily wait another year for a brand new version that runs properly.

7. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

lacuna, sure if your time has little value, and you don't get annoyed with buggy games.....

8. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Shame I didn't buy the game from steam (got it from gmg or cdkeys or somewhere as it was £17). I actually played through the whole game near release without much bother but hey, I'll never play it again so a refund would still be nice :)

9. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Love it!!!!!!!!, :D

10. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I played this game (pre patch), really enjoyed it and didn't experience any bugs that stick out in my mind. Granted I had the GPU horse power behind me and I stuck to 30fps. Not ideal but, I became accustomed to it and it was fine. Actually I would prefer a consistent 30fps over something that is constantly shifting frame rates between 30 and 60 along with tearing.

Anyway, regardless of the fact that it has been a complete clusterfup. Warner brothers are at least being amicable about it with putting substantial redevelopment time into it and offering refunds beyond what would be allowable in Steams new refund policy terms, which buys at least a bit of good will from me. Many a publisher wouldn't do either of these things.

11. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Which, in some cases, broke the game completely

I'm pretty sure they would if the game was an unmitigated disaster from the day it launched.

12. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I'm not denying that there were problems before or after the dev work.

What about games like AC Unity? How many refunds were on offer for that one.

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I played this at 4k with a mixture of medium and high settings. It all started out OK as it goes, better than I expected with FPS in the mid 30s. Sadly as soon as I got to the stupid car bit it just tanked, and no matter how much I lowered the settings it then remained at 14 FPS or there abouts, completely unplayable.

Thankfully I did not pay for it. A mate of mine sent me a free code so I got off lightly. Plus I'm not really a fan of Batman games or even Batman himself.

14. Gusseteer

Gusseteer What's a Dremel?

I pre-ordered, stupid me. Now Steam are saying they can't refund through my payment method and are offering Steam Wallet credit.

Sorry but am I the only one who wants my money back and not money I can only spend with them?

15. Xthlon

Xthlon What's a Dremel?

It wasn't actually fully digital only in the UK, anyone (myself included) who pre ordered from Amazon still received physical copies, I'm not sure how ill go around getting a refund in this case, maybe ill just power through with the FPS drops which is a shame as the others all worked fine and I really enjoyed them

16. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Let this be a lesson to the big publishers that releasing a game when it aint ready is not a good idea.

17. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

18. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

PC gamers neglected again.

I wouldn't be surprised if Valve consider what is occurring with this game, and other broken releases, and try to help prevent it happening in future. Definately lessons to be learnt.

Its bad for PC gaming sales, and so glad I never buy games on release days anymore.