1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Samsung SSD 950 Pro Review (256GB & 512GB)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 11 Nov 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

An interesting read, especially about what was causing the capped speeds.

I'm running an Intel 750 series on an X99 Deluxe and was wondering why I wasn't getting the speeds I thought I should from the SSD - I have my board on a base clock of 125mhz as my ram is 3000mhz
    I can set the PCI-E lanes to 3.0 (the SSD is in slot 4), but I'm wondering now if I would I be better lowering the ram speed and running a base clock of 100mhz?

I will also add, that if I was buying now, I think that the Samsung would get my vote due to being better value for money.

3. Deders

Deders Modder

Chris, have you checked the PCIe power options in windows advanced power settings. I know this was causing someone else problems with the 750 despite them making sure PCIe power saving options were disabled in the bios.

4. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

To be honest, I haven't. I will try turning that off too and see if it makes any difference. Thanks for the heads up

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

If the 512GB version is any way dropped in price tomorrow, I'm picking one up...

Tags: Add Tags