1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dremel launches new EZ Wrap tool bundles

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 11 Apr 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Man I still own the original Dremel, I feel so old and in the way...

Anywho... are they seriously still selling these with the collet instead of a chuck? That was the first thing I switched out on mine.

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yep, mine is still going strong - don't really see the need to change it.

As do a lot of people - why bundle it for free when people are willing to cough up for one?

4. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I have a Dremel 300 which I got a few years ago and it's still going strong. Such a fantastic little tool, especially for case-modding and other related projects; it's so versatile but really packs a punch too.

I can't say I mind the bundled collet and spanner system as I'm used to it, however I see that Dremel now have the SpeedClic mandrel (also bearing the EZ branding) that is required to use many of their newer attachments. I'll see how long I can survive without getting one...

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

They use it as a means to convince you to splash out on the higher-end models: the Dremel 3000 uses the traditional wrench and collet with a few SpeedClic accessories included in the bundle, the Dremel 4000 uses an EZ Twist Nose Cap so you don't need the wrench any more, and the 4200 uses a lever-based EZ Change system.

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

The speedclic mandrel is ok - useful for quick-changing reinforced discs. You have to shop around but you can grab the discs on special deals.

7. Impossible

Impossible What's a Dremel?

TIL of a Dremel chuck.

Seems so obvious now, thanks lads