1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Government launches Cyber Retraining Academy

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 3 Nov 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

Just what we need, Nurses doing a career change?

This surely must fall into the BULLSHOT category?

3. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Healthcare is one of the biggest users of data and having someone, like a nurse, who understands the needs of end users when setting up and running a system makes sense. How many times have we seen problems because the IT people and the end users can't communicate effectively with eachother?

Currently patient data is a soft target for threats. The infrastructure was set up to share, rather than secure, information and when a hospital's network gets hit it makes the news.

4. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

It seems funny that you can make a IT security person out of a randomer in just 10 weeks. Sign me up to that course if its true.

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

10 weeks full time is roughly a year of college education (40 vs 45 credit hours). I would say that roughly half of what goes into a 2 year degree in most places is directly related to the course of study, the rest being core subjects, electives, etc. The whole announcement has a bit of a hype feel to it, but if the instruction is good it seems plausable.

6. hiperboreus

hiperboreus What's a Dremel?

Good luck to the good people doing that teachers/scholars.

On a more cheeky note please make sure that the drone is not Iranian or god forbid a case of mistaken identity
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_787_Dreamliner#787-9
    Wouldn`t be happy as passenger to ask innocent questions like "why is that nurse so close to the runway, by the way", or "why the Wi-Fi is not ON".
    Happy hacking, though.