1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rogue Factor announces Necromunda: Underhive Wars

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 18 Jan 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

(inb4 [ZiiP] NaloaC)

Yes! At last! It had better be good...

3. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Woohoo!!!

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Interesting

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Curse you! :thumb:

Yeah... I'm touching myself at the thought of this. The fact that George expected me to be here salivating all over the thread first kind of says something about both my anticipation and hopes prior to any announcement.

To be honest, this surprised me! I was expecting far more work on Mordheim before they (or anyone else for that matter) even attempted to go down the road of Necromunda :D

Still, I ain't complaining.

They laid out the groundwork with Mordheim, tested the waters and saw that it had potential (no surprise there then). Necromunda still has a HUGE following in the tabletop scene and surpasses Mordheim by a long shot I believe.

They need to take what they've learnt from Mordheim, appreciate the finesse with which Firaxis approached the XCOM name and put the same level of dedication and attention to detail into this.

Gang progression.
    Proper MP matches with set point values.
    Ladders & MP Campaigns.
    A solid SP campaign could be good.
    Customisation.
    Full weapons list from the original game.
    LOTS of verticality in-game too.

There's the added bonus of having solid DLC content in the form of Outlanders and Adeptus Arbites as well as extra customisation and maps.

Bring on 2 weeks time and we actually get to see something a bit more concrete. :rock:

6. asura

asura jack of all trades

I tend to be quite quiet about such things, but yes. Do want.

About the only thing that really bothers me about Mordheim is that in the campaign you always face exactly the same number and type (equivalent) of models that you take - it would be more interesting to have (for example) four really high level models against ten lower level ones, you're outnumbered, but superior. Or vice versa.

7. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

EFF YES.

Loved me some necromunda back in the days, spent hours and hours theory-crafting my gangs and then they pulled it before I had a serious collection and had played very much.