1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News eBay to launch a Price Match Guarantee

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 5 Jul 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Price match all you like ebay, that's not what I use you for and even if you did price match I'd buy from another site(s) before ebay.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've never really understood this aspect of price matching. Like, price match guarantees usually require that the goods are in stock at the shop you're using for comparison, so... buy them at the shop with the cheaper price? The only time it's ever made sense was when getting John Lewis to price match electricals, 'cos they come with a three-year warranty as standard instead of one year from the places selling it cheaper.

4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I would do the same, indeed I have, for several years now, only used Ebay as a last resort when I cannot find what I want elsewhere.

5. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Even if it's just the same price with no tangible perks (like John Lewis) you might trust, think more highly of the quality of service or simply already have an account with the shop that does a price match. I've price matched for that reason before.

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Exactly my thoughts TBH, I'd only go out of my way to pricematch there for that very reason. Not that I have mind you.

Tags: Add Tags