1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Features Ten Years On: Portal

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 10 Oct 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I loved portal and was very sceptical about portal 2 improving upon it. They are both now in my top 20 games ever. Actually Valve games take up about a third of that list !
    I don't think we will ever see a return to form for Valve, employee's have moved on and micro transactions currently rule among the AAA developers.

3. IamSoulRider

IamSoulRider Minimodder

You do realise valve picked up the dev team of portal from their university after the game they produced showed stunning potential?

The game is called Narbacular Drop -
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narbacular_Drop and you can even play it as it was released for free. I played it as soon as it made the news, ie, when Valve signed them because of it. If you play that you will see portals, and not a gun in sight....

The craze was about someone finally having working portals, the gun just provides range delivery of the portals, rather than lining up, it was the gimick that made the game more accesible, not the reason behind the very game.

4. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

We also have Portal to thank for this great short fan movie (the director went on to film 10 Cloverfield Lane):

Tags: Add Tags