1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Monster Hunter: World Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 30 Jan 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

End of the year???? :( Booooooo!

3. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've been having a blast with Monster Hunter World, it's a very nice game to drop in and out of when you have anything between 40 minutes to a couple of hours to kill.
    I play on the standard PS4 and performance overall has been pretty decent for such a busy game, there have been moment where the game felt like it almost paused to load in a group of smaller monsters and it can stutter a little bit when running through the landscape in chase of a wounded monster but for the most it has behaved.

Really like the thrill of tracking down a big monster, battling it out with it and then either finishing it off with a kill or choosing to try and capture it.
    Being able to swap between all of the weapons as and when is both nice and also a slight nuisance as being spoilt for choice makes me always have to contemplate which I want to take on each hunt... though I do love the complexity of the Charge Blade so that's often my primary choice for longer sessions.

I don't mind it taking another year for the PC release as I was looking for something new to play on my PS4 anyway.

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Yeah, I'll wait until it's on PC. I'm in no rush.

5. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'll probably pick up again on the PC as well, it's fun enough to own on multiple platforms.

I'm a bit further in now and in some of the later areas the fps slowing down is a little bit more noticeable as things can get a bit hectic in some of the fights, hopefully when they bring it to the PC it'll be optimised well enough to reduce that from happening.

I'm hoping that the matchmaking for the PC works as well as it has been on the PS4.
    I tried out the multiplayer a little bit over the weekend and the SOS system appears to work really well (it's been taking less than 2 minutes for a couple of players to join my hunts), haven't tried using the squad system yet so unsure how that one works in comparison.

Tags: Add Tags