1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD Radeon RX 6000 series details are leaked ahead of launch

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 21 Oct 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

If they're similarly priced and performing to an RTX 3080... and more available... I might switch my gaming rig back to AMD. Haven't had an AMD GPU since my 4870X2...

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

That's what many people are thinking right now. But never forget that drivers are part of a GPU as well... and that's where AMD has failed horribly over the last few years.

I'm still excited about the prospect of having two options in the GPU market again.

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Nvidia aren't exactly infallible with the drivers either, 3080 fails are the most immediate case in point, having run both brands over the years there is not a lot to separate them on that score.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Theres been infallible and never fixing it, AMD falls in the later catagory for alot of people.

Happily by the time I upgrade they will prove one way or another which are the cards to go for.

Personally with the TDP both cards are using (meant to be in amds case), I would be inclined to wait for refresh 2.0 which would surely reduce these numbers down some.

Not sure I fancy a 300 watt heating system in my pc (been down this road before looking at you Nvidia 480)

6. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Yeah, the power draw is insane. I'd like GPU that won't cost me more than 10 cents an hour to run.

Tags: Add Tags