1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ViewSonic VX924

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 20 Jul 2005.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. planki

planki ...

looks quite cool, normally with tft's of that size you end up with a chunky bezel all round the outside.

think ill stick with my 19" crt for the moment though.

3. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

The discuss link for this just takes you back to the first page :thumb:

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

should be fixed now, cheers.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Needs to be a higher res before i consider upgrading, but an extra 2" isnt to be sniffed at :D

6. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Do you guys think there will ever be 1600x1200 on 19" tfts?

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

unlikely IMHO because the pixel pitch will be too low

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

1400x1xxx? But gaming will still be 12x10

9. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Anything over 1280 would be great :)

1360?

10. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Looks a nice monitor but tbh i'd just save up the extra £52 and get a 20" Widescreen.

11. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Nice article, any chance of a link to that ninja wallpaper?

12. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

A mate showed me his 17" one that he got yesterday and I have to say it's pretty smart, although I personally think 4ms is a bit useless atm.

<A88>

13. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I think I read somewhere that screens with such a fast refresh rate actually have to intersperse frames with a black frame, because the eye cannot cope with such short display times, and ends up blurring the image.
    Or am I imagining that?

14. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Its not like a crt where the screen is updated using a single scan line and uses persistance of image to form a picture in your mind. Each pixel is permenantly lit and only changes when the colour its displaying does so, so the speed it changes at is not going to interfere with your eye seeing the picture (im sure someone can explain that better)

15. pez

pez What's a Dremel?

nice test.

but could i have a link to that Cool red-white background with the ninja on? Please? :D

16. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Strangley I have an LG monitor sat here that almost looks same as that viewsonic, from button placement, the power light and the inputs on the back.

I wounder if they are rebadged LG monitors with a bit more plastic stuck on? :confused:

17. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

Looks like you need to be at 20" or more for 1600x1200

This issue is now doing my head in - I can't see why I can have 1600x1200 on my 15" notebook monitor, but not on a desktop TFT smaller than 20"...

18. Asphix

Asphix What's a Dremel?

Great review... Ive been juggling the idea of getting a TFT monitor for a while.. but I think i'm going to hold off. Being as I work on a computer all day I find I never want to be on a computer when at home other than gaming, and this winter I think I'm going to make a full fledged transition from PC gaming to console. Saving up to get a 50" LDP tv with 1080p and an X360.

If at all possible, you guys should review the dell ultrasharp 2405FPW and the ultrasharp 2005FPW. (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...&cs=04&l=en&mnf=694&Page=productlisting.aspx). They're pushing the widescreen arena to PC users and with the deals you find on www.slickdeals.net and www.gotapex.com you can usually pick them up for about $780.00 USD and $400.00 USD Respectively.

Because of the coupons dell is offering for these monitors they become very viable upgrades, and the wide aspect resolutions is being seen more and more in new game releases.

19. Coutsos

Coutsos What's a Dremel?

I didn't see anybody else link you yet, so here, enjoy the Little Gamers wallpaper.

20. Corvyne

Corvyne What's a Dremel?

To quote from a pc pro review,

Older display technologies rely on human persistance of vision. A single electron beam paints the image from left to right and top to bottom, and although by the time the bottom portion of the image has been painted onscreen the top has already faded, the refresh frequency is high enough that we don't conciously see any flicker. We can however percieve it.

With modern TFTs, flicker doesn't occur at all: a TFT works by holding each pixel at it's correct value for the duration of the frame. When the next frame is ready, every pixel in the frame immediately flips to display the new image - There's no intermediate period of darkness.

But for reasons that aren't fully understood, the human visual system seems to prefer a period of darkness between frames, possibly as a cue to delineate between them. when pixel response times become very low, the immediate switch from one image to another leads to an effect where by the visual processing ares of the brain 'smooth over' the two frames. This results in what appears to be pronounced smearing when there is none...

...To combat the effect, manufacturers are investigating the introduction of brief artificial blank frames: a technique known as black frame insertion. Viewsonic claims the VX924 has this feature, but not all manufacturers will initially be employing it.

Tags: Add Tags