1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Antivirus

Discussion in 'Software' started by pranks7er, 5 Apr 2007.

1. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

Hi i im wanting advice of an antivirus solution for a small business with 14 users can anyone recommend software, i want to avoid Norton we had norton client security and im not impressed with it.

can anyone recommend me something

2. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

AVG has always done me well (http://free.grisoft.com) Although you may want to consider the pro version because technically you should be using that for a business, not that they're going to hunt you down.

Avast is also good, although I can't personally vouch for it.

3. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

If I were getting something for the firm's use I'd get an AV the boss people had heard of, like Norton or McAfee. Somebody is bound to introduce problems that no AV can block through basic stupidity, but as they used to say, nobody ever got fired for buying IBM. :hip:

4. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

I'd stay far far away from both Norton and McAfee because they cause more problems than they're worth. Norton specifically, with problems earlier this year involving rootkits and users being unable to remove the software as well as being a resource hog, and McAfee just not doing its job.

I've put all my clients on avg and my AV complaints have dissapeared. Granted its bad for my business, because their stuff isnt broken as often, but the customer is happy.

5. IAmATeaf

IAmATeaf Minimodder

Maybe give something CA eTrust a go? That's what we use in our corporate environment.

Tags: