1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Computer hanging problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Kinglemur, 20 Dec 2011.

1. Kinglemur

Kinglemur What's a Dremel?

Hi all, I'm experiencing a very annoying problem with my PC lately, if anyone could help I'd be very appreciative.

The PC boots just fine and all programs are very responsive. However, when I try using Firefox or Chrome to surf the web (I don't use IE), certain websites cause my system to crash. It happens on a website that tries to play a video, there's nothing I can do at this point but restart.

After a restart there doesn't appear to be any problems, I can surf freely at this point, it happens just the once. I've got up to date graphics card drivers and motherboard drivers, no viruses were found.

I don't really know how to investigate the problem so if anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be brilliant :)

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Try reinstalling flash player.

3. buchanan0204

buchanan0204 What's a Dremel?

Sometimes a reinstall of Windows works wonders :) With all the hours you will probably spend racking your brain trying to solve the issue. A reinstall could have been done 5 times over.

Also try running seatools to check hard drive for errors.

4. Kinglemur

I've tried reinstalling Flash player, no improvement, certain websites are still causing crashes. Are there any steps I can go through to diagnose the problem?

5. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

you could try turning off hardware acceleration in firefox/chrome?

Last edited: 21 Dec 2011
  6. Kinglemur

Turning off hardware acceleration didn't help... a Youtube video on a news site just froze everything up again :grr:

7. towelie

towelie How do I Internet!!

Please list your PC spec and OS and also updated all your drivers GPU etc Also update flash/java and both web browsers to lastest versions.

Also check event viewer for error around that time to indicate a problem, would also be worth running windows updates.