1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Control a pc over the lan

Discussion in 'Software' started by Death Company, 16 Jan 2004.

1. I want to a control a pc with my main rig over my lan. The pc I want to control has no keyboard, mouse or monitor. Is there any way I can do this? I have Windows 2000 installed on both machines.

2. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

yes!! and free! but you will need to move the keyboard mouse monitor to the other rig long enouf to set it up. you can use eather tightvnc or ultravnc just do a google. ultra will allow file fransfers through the client. can't attest to if the transfer part works though cause ultra doint work on linux so i was not able to try it but the rest works.

3. Alright thanks I'll go google right now.

4. Hargle

Hargle What's a Dremel?

pcAnywhere isn't free but it lets you connect to another windows machine (requires installation on the system you want to connect to of course), then you get a view in a window of the other systems display. You can control it just as if you had shifted your video, keyboard and mouse over. If you connected a monitor to the system you were remotely controlling you would actually see the stuff you were doing on that monitor.

5. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

it's exactly the same with tightvnc and ultravnc only this if FREE!! i love that work so lets sayit again FREE FREE FREE

6. I just looked at Symantec's website at pcanywhere and I can not see how someone would pay $200 for that.

7. Armand Karlsen

Armand Karlsen What's a Dremel?

I use RealVNC, myself. Keeps cabling right down. All I need plugged into the other PC is a network cable and the power cord. :)

Tags: