1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU cooling questions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by simkna, 24 Oct 2002.

1. simkna

simkna What's a Dremel?

OK, I'm just building a new machine (P4 2.53) and when I open all my boxes, it turned out I got a bare CPU, not a retail box kit, so I'm looking for a cooler for it.
    First Question however - there is a sticker on top of the CPU which says the warranty is invalid if removed - only thing is, this thing can't be good for cooling interface, surely. What should I do, remove it, or keep it on?
    Second. Now i'm looking for a cooler for the CPU. What do people recommend? I'm looking to OC it as close to 3Ghz as I can get, but want a quiet PC without spending the earth. Something that Maplin stock would be good as I want to build up this weekend, so anything I have to wait a few days for is bad. If they only sell rubbish, however, I guess I can wait.

Thanks

Si.

2. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

remove the sticker and replace with as3

get an alpha pal 8049...you wont regret it...

3. aCe2k

aCe2k What's a Dremel?

maybe a fan too :D

4. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Yeah, vote for the Alpha, and if you don't mind noise, throwinf a Delta 80mm on there would keep it ultra chilly, but if you want quiet then a Panaflo or Papst 30-35cfm fan should be plenty good.

Good luck.

5. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

might want to mention thats its the 8942 and not the 8049....

6. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

thats the one...i got an 8045 so i cant rember the right no...:sigh: :worried: