1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development custom error pages

Discussion in 'Software' started by Drastik, 22 Sep 2002.

1. complexprocess

complexprocess What's a Dremel?

i use homesite and turn off tag completion. it's essentially like notepad (i never use any of the tag shortcuts or stuff like that) in that it's straight coding, but with a pretty good file management system. i like to have multiple documents open and the file panel to the left. evr soft 1st page is a good free alternative, though it seems bloated.

ideally i'd like something with a feature to preview files through a local web server rather than it's actual path, so i wouldn't have to open a seperate browser to demo my perl scripts and such. if anyone knows of a text editor that offers that feature, PLEASE let me know. :)

2. KevinOwns

KevinOwns What's a Dremel?

I have seen one that shows you what the HTML will look like, but never one that lets you demo perl. (That editor is Hippie)

I use Homesite at work. It's a very nice editor, however the FTP functions are incredibly slow! :( (As opposed to UltraEdit's which are fairly fast for me)

3. riggs

riggs ^_^

CoffeeCup for me :D

Even splashed out and bought the full version (as oposed to Shareware) - really good editor IMO - complete control over code, has built in wizards (in-case I forget how to code something, or just can't be arsed :hehe: ), and comes with lots of free java, perl and example code...

CoffeeCup.com if anyone wants to try it :p