Does anyone with cable/sky remember this channel...

Discussion in 'General' started by M3G4, 22 Jan 2002.

1. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Hey guys,

Just browsing through my endless amount of blank videos, and I found 2x 3hour tapes of Rapture TV. Does anyone remember this channel and did they watch it? (BTW, The videos only had R.MUZIK on them, you don't think I'm sad enough to record everything... do you?! lol). I remember Rapture TV used to be a Weekend channel on telewest, it use to have a computer program called "Gamerz" (PC Gamer readers will know that), and the occasional clubbing program. As far as I can remember, after that it went offair for a while then came back as a dance music channel. I used to love it, It played music I liked - other channels played the same old crap by boybands and girlbands... and just general crap.

Does anyone remember Rapture?? It just disappeared from NTL without warning. Same with the sky box... the only box that said anything was my sisters Telewest box, it claimed "Rapture TV ceased broadcasting on 30th October". I checked the website - nothing. Very strange. I don't remember rapture warning us of this either >.<

Another good thing about rapture is that when my nephews came round at the weekend, Rapture would shut them up - It played sk8boarding programs, and general sports programs.

Oh well. MTVDance is good... when it's actually on, that is.
    Heh, Luckily we got Kerrang!TV and M2 on sky digital, which I guess makes it better ^_^

Recently I lost all TV in my room - We used to have NTL digital cable in my mums room, so i'd redirect it to my TV through a hole in the wall and used a VERY long scart lead. Thing is, without that box I have no TV cos the terrestrial signal in our area is too weak. We got rid of NTL cable cos it was costing £84 per month. When that went, the chance of broadband went away with it :( , but the plus side of that is that we now have just one SKY box. Just the name "Sky Digital" makes up for it (I love the interactive on it)

Anyway, just thought I'd share this with you as I'm very bored, and I got the videos playing in the background... :cool:

2. Slink

Slink B7

L!ve TV

3. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

How did I know this would happen?

I KNEW someone would mention L!VE TV. I used to watch it for the cars late at night.. :eek: I SWEAR I did!. lol. Anyway, does ANYONE remember Rapture?. L!VE TV went off cos they ran out of money i think.

4. Slink

Slink B7

Re: How did I know this would happen?

Yeah yeah like people watch granada mem and motors for the cars,

Yes i remeber rapture, wasent too long ago i watched gods kitchen on it

5. RTT

RTT #parp

[tries to sound convincing]

whats L!veTV then?

:D

6. jamiesurfs

jamiesurfs Boom Boom, Cha Cha Cha!

Yeah, Rapture was pretty cool. Had some decent surfing on there occasionly!:cool:

7. Slink

Slink B7

C'mon, topless darts, the bounciest weather on tv, now that was the most useless thing on tele

8. howesey

howesey What's a Dremel?

Haha. :D

I want [.tv] back! I hate this G@ME-NETWORK crap!

9. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

G@ME Network my arse

Yup. Game network sucks. I never had the chance to watch [.tv], altho my mate loved it and hated to see it go.

You should see the Legend of Mir prog. Talk about crap presenting, I'm well known for my shy-ness and nervousness, but even I could do a hell of a lot better than that guy. Gawd. Then there's the dumb blond presenting the charts. It's all Italian... or is it dutch? they're not sure where they come from either (the web site claims italy, but the channel claims netherlands). oh dear.

Hmm... :cool:

10. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

Wasn't the weather done by a trampolining midget and a bikini clad fit lass? I'm telling you, you jus don't get TV genius like that anymore!;)

I remember Rapture. I remember watching snowboarding on there after the first (and sadly the only) time I went myself.:(

11. Celt

Celt What's a Dremel?

my brother and I sit an laugh out tits of whenever we see that guy who presents 'The Legend of Mir'!

he's so pathetic! mahahahahah

Fun Fact : type 'mahahaha' into Outlook Express and the spell checker will suggest 'Maharaja' as an alternative!

12. howesey

howesey What's a Dremel?

And I thought £40/month what I'm paying for sky was a lot!

/me dances around the room... BBC transmitting HDTV, BBC transmitting HDTV, BBC transmitting HDTV, BBC transmitting HDTV, BBC transmitting HDTV, BBC transmitting HDTV, BBC transmitting HDTV, BBC transmitting HDTV!!

Yay!!!

:)