1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics GTX570 does not like me...

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Kylevdm, 15 Sep 2011.

1. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

Hey all,

I have just installed my Asus GTX570 into the PC in my sig, I had some problems with it on an old windows install, so I have just installed windows again, drivers all done. With 2 monitors plugged in, it gave me a blank screen on start up a few times but it booted up eventually just fine. Went to play a game, the screen went blank and the GPU fan decided it was about 300C in my room hitting 100%

I shut down the PC re installed the GPU clearing all dust etc out the slot, boot up with only one monitor plugged in and it was fine, could play games etc plugged in the second monitor and it all went funky again!

I only received the card on tuesday so am still in the 7day returns window, but could it just be me being thick?

2. Deders

Deders Modder

Did you hear screams of "i'm melting, Mellltiiing!!!" coming from the silicon?

3. Kylevdm

Over the noise the fan was making, I could not hear myself speak.... but all is possible !

4. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Is there anyway you can install the card in a different machine just to check it?

5. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

If it's still under the 7 day thing, send it straight back.A bit of a pain, I know, but why mess about with it.

Sounds like it's clearly not quite right, you shouldn't be having those sort of problems.

One thing I will say, is that having the resolution set a bit to high with both screens going will send the card into overdrive as it's trying to drive both screens. So it might be worth dropping the res and playing about to see what it's happiest with before lobbing it back in the mail.

6. Kylevdm

After about 3 emails, they have agreed to take the card back. Should have a shiny new one in 10 working days. HAhah

7. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Good old SCAN!

8. Virt

Virt What's a Dremel?

That's a shame, but the 570 is a fantastic card and well worth the wait :p

9. Kylevdm

I have just got an email off of them saying there is no fault... I am right in saying I can request money back as it was sent back within the 7 days?

10. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

I've had this with scan a few times, have they charged you a testing fee? thats a killer

11. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Distance Selling Act, I believe is what you want. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

12. Kylevdm

I thought it was the DSR as well, will read up when I get home in 20 mins.

13. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

You are entilted to a full refund and delivery costs also, under the distance selling regs. Make sure you inform them by email that you wish to return within time limit. The product can be in perfect working order, but you are still entitled to return it.

I have attached a link that should explain more, pay particular attention to paragraph 3.48 where it states that you should also get delivery cost back.

I quoted this to Overclockers when returning a graphics card and get a full refund including delivery costs (that includes return costs).

Last edited: 26 Sep 2011
  14. Kylevdm

They have not replied to me, however the RMA says credit sent. Will need to get the parents to check the balance on the Belgian bank account.. haha