I like New Metal

Discussion in 'General' started by penski, 1 Nov 2003.

1. olv

olv he's so bright

how would u wear a helmet with horns in your head?

2. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

:dremel: :D

3. penski

penski BodMod

Severedhead - the transdermal itself is made of a flat plate with holes in it and a vertical post.

It is inserted like a subdermal implant (seperating the subcutaneous layers = owwww) then a dermal punch (like a much sharper, sterile version of the biopsy punches you use to take samples of leaves in GCSE biology) is used to expose the post.

Flesh grows between the holes in the plate so it's anchored in your skin.

*n

4. penski

penski BodMod

Joe (the guy with the first metal mohawk by Steve Haworth) skydives - his skydiving helmet has a groove cut in it.

*n

5. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

Owwww, especially on the head!

6. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

Personally I think piercings are repulsive (yes even earrings) and look tacky. It is as if the person pierced wants to draw the other persons attention to something else (instead of their eyes).

7. Vixen

Vixen What's a Dremel?

Piercings and tattoos are horrible. People should just leave their bodies alone :p

And those head piercing things are possibly the freakiest/ugliest things ever

8. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

So you don't get your hair cut then?

9. SugarBear

SugarBear What's a Dremel?

uggghhh....everybody is getting those transdermals now, I think they look silly, I really dislike the ones that are like big crosses under your skin, those just look like a waste to me.

I'm all for self expression through piercing, tats, hair, all that, just something about those under the skin kind, especially since everybody on earth is getting them now-a-days

10. penski

penski BodMod

...They're subdermals - implants...sub = under, dermis = skin....subdermal = under the skin.

Transdermal = through the skin.

So to you this sort of thing is a trend...?

Like I said before, At the present there are NINE people in the UK with transdermals...Out of a population of over 60 million that is not 'everyone'...far from it, infact.

I'm really quite disturbed that you see body modification as something to do to fit in with a scene or a trend...

*n

11. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

Well, I do think it is a trend. Just look at tattoos. My grandad had "old fashioned" tattoos. A bluebird and sword with a ribbon with mother tattood in it. Today you see a lot of tribal stuff.

Same with navel piercings. 10 years ago you hardly saw them now lots of ppl have them. (The girls didnt think of all the nasty scarring you get when you get pregant etc)

So I do think its a trend (in western society anyway)

12. penski

penski BodMod

Body piercing didn't really exist in the west until the 50s/60s anyway.

Yes there are trends within the body modification world as there are with anything but as a whole, it is here to stay.

*n

13. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Many of the older generations tattoos were based around being in the armed forces. Believe me, they are still there and for every few people getting a tribal tattoo, there are still people getting MUM or ENGLAND tattooed inside a rose or a bulldog.

14. lazychook

lazychook What's a Dremel?

WOW two of my favourite things come together in the same thread...who would have thought! nice labret penski suits you. and good luck on the transdermals buddy :thumb: they will look uber sweeeeeeeet :rock: :D what else do you have done?

BTW, anyone wanting more information about this topic should go check out some of the articles at BMEzine there are some very intresting and thought provoking articles there...not to mention hundreds of galleries of tats and piercings of all sorts to keep you entertained and drooling (/puking if you cant handle it :eyebrow: ) for HOURS!!! check it out :D

15. penski

penski BodMod

*Hugs his BME Hard subscription*

*n

16. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

Well I didnt know that. I dont know any ppl in the British Armed Forces. To be honest I dont know anybody with tattoos

17. penski

penski BodMod

For instance - if you see people with swallows tattooed at the base of their thumbs...

It means 5,000 (i think that's the number) nautical miles sailed - They're either ex-Navy or a sailor....

*n

18. ƒlamika

ƒlamika What's a Dremel?

Nice going on the labret, youll have endless hours catching it on your teeth when you laugh, or chewing it acidently when you eat ^_^ I have mine as high as yours, I did consider getting another one done below it but I spend my money on tattoos now.

At one point I had 3 eyebrow piercings, both nips, the inside bit on both ears done, and then another 4 piercings in each ear, with a felsh hoop (but a little one)... I never wanted to go below the belt with piercings so i moved onto tattoos.

The labret and my ears are the only piercings left now. My eyebrow ones kept getting caught so i ripped two out when i was pissed and took the other one out my other eyebrow.

Then the nips kept getting caught so one night again when i was intoxicated on various things I caught one on a door frame which really annoyed me, hence i took a pair of pliers and cut nipple open to pull my ring out :) but i didnt get all the way through so is was a little tug. The other i managed to bend open and take out.

...nipples bleed so much.

Flamika

19. penski

penski BodMod

^_~

Ball capture rings are really easy to open :/

I can imagine meaty drunk hands of lack of coordination doom wouldn't help though.

*n

20. ƒlamika

ƒlamika What's a Dremel?

...yes drunk, thats what i was :worried:

besides It was actually quite a nice tingly feeling. bit more intense than hot wax, but on a similar plain to scratching and ...well i wont go on.

Back to the topic, Dont get too many piercings in your face if you want to work in the food industry ^_^ its a mission to take everything out and put it back in everyday. Thankfuly now i work at a company thats cool with my labret and dress code.

They are a bit less tolerent of piercings and tattoos for employment in Japan :(

Flamika