1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding LCD Choice help?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ChromeX, 25 Jan 2005.

1. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Hi guys sometime soon im planning on purchasing a LCD display for my case, the case is a Lian-Li pc65. Since there is a fair bit of choice I find myself a lil bit struck for what to buy, I have 2 drive bays available and it has to keep with my silver and blue theme any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks guys :thumb:

2. Mattt

Mattt Minimodder

are you going for soldering it all ur self, or one with cables and stuff all ready to plug and play?

3. Springs

Springs Boing boing

4. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Sorry chaps, what I was after was a professionally made unit by matrix orbital or crystalfontz with all the software and cables. Although I do like some of the LCD's on that site for £20 You cant go wrong I suppose I could make with some free software and I could fit it into a bezel myself. Hell for those prices I could get 2 and it would still cost me less than a matrix! Have you any experiance with any of those LCD's?

5. Springs

Springs Boing boing

not personally... i did try and build one b4 but i blew it up :D but i would believe they are all the same... but i believe that most people round here use a program called LCD Smartie to control their displays..

6. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

By the looks of things im gonna use one of those LCD's from that site. After much thinking I decided theres no point in spending £80 on an all dancing all singing matrix LCD when I can get one for £20 I would have prefered a USB connection but... ah well!

7. Bones

Bones What's a Dremel?

Are there any sites like that here in the us where they offer lcds for that cheap?