1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leadtek Ti4400 Fan's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by M1CUZ, 13 Mar 2003.

1. M1CUZ

M1CUZ What's a Dremel?

Just a quick forum post to ask if anyone has fond that the two small fans on their leadtek ti4400 start making strange noises, sort of a loud pulsing sounds. Just wondering if im the only person finding this.

Also wondering if anyone has found anything suitable for replacing the fans on the card metioned above with.

The card mentioned can be seen below:

[​IMG]

Any help with ideas for replacing these fans would be greatfully recieved as this flippin sound is starting to drive me a little barmy :p

2. samcat

samcat What's a Dremel?

I have the TI4600 version of that card. The strange pulsing noise is caused by the two fans being identical.... the sound from the fan oscillates and when you get two peaks together it will sound louder, but this only happens once in a while (same space in time apart usually, hence the pulsing).

I tore those two fans off asap and screwed an 80mm silent fan to the heatsink.
    See the grooves near the top of the card, thats where it got screwed into. Along the bottom there wasnt anywhere to easily screw it in so I used a tie wrap to secure it.

It ran cooler, near silent and I managed to overclock it further too (about an extra 5% on the core)

Cya,
    Sam C

3. M1CUZ

M1CUZ What's a Dremel?

Yeah souds like the sort of thing i will probably look into doing to mine, i take it you mounted the 80mm somewhere near the center of the heatsink? If yo have any pictures of it they would be great, if not cheers for the heads up and m sure i can slap somthing together :)

4. samcat

samcat What's a Dremel?

No piccies, sorry :(
    GFX is now cooled using thermaltake heatpipe and an 80mm fan which does gfx and NB at the same time :D Cpu is watercooled so I have silence :D

Cya,
    Sam C

5. Mikki

Mikki What's a Dremel?

Leadtek sure likes the wrap-around heatsinks...check out their new FX card....here :eeek: :)

btw...I did the same thing with my 4400, pulled those noisy things off and threw a Panaflo on there...helped my oc a bit too...:D