1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech Z560

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by v0id, 19 May 2002.

1. v0id

v0id What's a Dremel?

Whats everyone's thoughts on the Logitech Z560 speakers???

2. craig

craig What's a Dremel?

dam they are sweet speakers, id like a set for sure. think they would be better however if they had a centre speaker so you get the full 5.1.

3. neuro

neuro What's a Dremel?

i'll let you know when i get a set :D

- ive had my eye on them :p

4. v0id

v0id What's a Dremel?

I got a set of these puppys shippin out on monday (May 20th) So hopefully i will be impressed... I'll review em once i get em - I'll let everyone know once i get the review up so people can take a look @ it.... Puttin em up head to head against my friends Creative 5.1 system..... *dun dun dun sound* should be a good matchup!

5. v0id

v0id What's a Dremel?

I got the speakers... and WOW - review soon to come...

A small "teaser" (heh)
    [​IMG]

6. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

they look damn nice...let us know once the review is up...

7. v0id

v0id What's a Dremel?

So far they are sounding GREAT - i played JK2 with the last night... Maybe its just cause ive never gamed w/ anything more than a 2.1, but DAMN!!!! Awsome!!!

I also downloaded a few Bass Test mp3s to give my sub a good test of endurance, and to say that the pictures on the wall outside my room was shaking would be an understatment... I had all settings on computer and my NewQ all the way up, and the volume knob on the control center at not even nearly 1/4, and the hangers were shaking in the room next to me...
    My rents hate em, i love em.... its a win win situation!

8. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

9. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

is the money there because you are trying to show the size or are just trying to tell us that you are really rich. :lol:

They look a lot better than my beige creative ones :D

10. v0id

v0id What's a Dremel?

size comparrison... Im not rich :( although i wish i was!!! heh

I put it there cause in all the reviews and pictures ive seen of these speakers, they looked pretty small, and when i finally got a set of them, they suddenly became massive!!! they are really quite large!

quote from friend that was just over: "damn these things are loud, and they've got a really clear and crisp sound"

11. tonyz

tonyz What's a Dremel?

i was at best buy the other day and they have their little "press the button to hear each set of speakers" thing. Ok, when i'm at home in my room listening to stuff or maybe even crankin it up a bit when no one else is home, i think they sound pretty good. Best Buy had my same speakers, and also the z560s. Ok i press my button, sounds pretty good. Press the z560 button. Words cannot describe the difference, but i can try. It was like the heavens opened up and rained down sound in its most pure and beautiful form onto my ears, and as i slowly cranked the volume up, onto everyone else in the store also. I could not make it sound distorted doing anything with reason (ie, not causing a class action suit against Best Buy for the hearing loss of everyone in the store) Press my button again. Shame. Utter shame. Maybe my perception is skewed a bit because i want them so damn bad but they really do sound good.
    Maximum PC magazine, which kicks a lot of ass and you all should subscribe, gave it an editors choice award and gives them second place only next to the Klipsh 4.1's. And thats saying a lot because they (and a lot of other people) worship Klipsch like a second god. The z560s got their best pick for "budget" speakers because they are half the price (or less) of the klipsch's (picked best overall) and have extremely close performance.

12. v0id

v0id What's a Dremel?

13. Randland

Randland What's a Dremel?

I have had a set of these for a couple of months now and they really do kick ass. They are loud, clear, and cool looking. Plus they are almost as good as the Klipsch, and 1/3rd the price. Absolutly an awesome deal. Plus there is the fact that they are made by Logitech, my favorite peripheral manufacturer, and I know they will last for years. All in all a five star product:D

14. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

I was trying to decide between the Z560's and the Creative Labs 5700's... based on some reviews and the cost... definately getting the Z560's even without the center chanel, seems like a righteous deal!

15. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

Do they do a 2.1 set rather than 5.1? Id so I'd be interested, as I need a 2.1 of decent speakers (only space and need for 2.1) and these have the same look as my big hi fi speakers

:)

16. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

Logitech has the Z340's but the satelites are of a smaller variety.. I have heard them in the store and sound pretty good. I have read reviews that if you push the power you can get a little distortion but the price is right...

[​IMG]

17. Digital Fodder

Digital Fodder What's a Dremel?

These speakers rock VERY VERY VERY hard... they are expensive over here in the UK though! £200 :sigh: but its worth every penny!

[​IMG]

18. RaNdEeE

RaNdEeE What's a Dremel?

haha... my should be coming in any minute now... i ordered it on friday. and i tracked it down today and it said it was being shipped... =P haha! weee!

19. v0id

v0id What's a Dremel?

where did you order from?

20. RaNdEeE

RaNdEeE What's a Dremel?

i ordered my from www.2buystore.com and got them for $146. (yes i live in the US)