Updated Thursday 22nd July This is my work log detailing the custom case I'm building for my girlfriend Laura. It's my goal to make her a case that looks like this: Based on her handbag, that looks like this: -------------------------------------------------------- Saturday 19th June - Sanding Gave the side panel and two parts of the front an initial smoothing with my Mouse. Removed the raised areas surrounding the grip depressions in the side panels, the raised area around the power switch, and the embossed icons next to the reset switch and LEDs. Sunday 20th June - Body filler Started using Halford's plastic bumper filler to fill in - The grip depressions and grating on the side panel. Holes left by power and reset switches and grating on front panel. Also filled in two depressions down each side of the front panel. Monday 21st June - Pics Took some pictures of progress so far. Looking good. Tuesday 6th July - More filling, more sanding All I've been doing since the last update is getting outside to work on the case when I get the chance. Nothing major, just filling and sanding the panels. One of the sides is finished, and I'm waiting to start priming it. My air compressor turned up, which means I'll be able to do a real quality paint-job, I've just got to buy a good paint gun to go with it. That will probably be some time next week when I get back from Ireland. Saturday 17th July - Paint guns are fun! Got my paint gun today! Gave the top and front panels a good covering with primer. The top looks absolutely amazing! I sprayed the thing, gave it a quick going-over with 1200 grit wet-and-dry, and it's already so smooth that it's got a slight reflection! Thats the first time I've seen primer do that. The front also looks fantastic! No more lines, everything's sleek and smooth. The only holes in the front are for the Optical and Floppy drives. Unfortunately, there are a number of scratches that I must've missed, and some teeny imperfections the filler didn't quite, erm, fill... Monday 19th July - More sanding I used to think that there was a different reason for my right arm being twice the size of my left. But it's quite clear that it's from all the sanding I do. One side panel is *totally* smooth. Got rid of all the pimply finish that existed before, as well as the nasty big scratches from the 80 grit sand paper I used to flatten the filler. Also re-sanded the front panel. The scratches I found on saturday should be filled by the primer I can't get out. Also gave it another coat of filler. Took ages to flatted the excess, because I could only use 240 grit wet-and-dry, to avoid scratches again. Just waiting to go down to Halfords, to get the primer and custom mixed paints.