1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Max temp recorder?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by biff, 18 Aug 2005.

1. biff

biff What's a Dremel?

I didn't know what section to post this in, so if this is the wrong one my apologies.

I'm wondering if there is a little program out there that will record the maximum cpu temp. I want it so that when I prime and it fails I can look to see how hot the cpu was to determine if it was heat related. I know Sandra will, but you have to use their burn in wizard.

2. csTYCOON

csTYCOON What's a Dremel?

I dont trust in-windows temp monitors anyways. On my NF7-S I just use a thermal probe.
    Also, where did you get your modded bios? Can you link me...

3. biff

biff What's a Dremel?

I don't trust the on board temp probes either but at least it gives me an idea of how hot the cpu was.

I'm not too sure if the place where I got the bios' is still up or not or even if I still have the link, but I'll go diggin. If all else fails I'll toss you a torrent... but I'll have to figure out how to upload em :confused: .

[edit]
    Here's a link of an archive of about 68 NF7-S modded bios'. I've only tried a few of them, all TicTac's, and have had the best luck with the D26 MantaRay XT with the 1T timing (cpc=on), but your mobo will have to decide which one it likes best. Have fun!
    [/edit]

Last edited: 18 Aug 2005