Well, unfortunately I was not able to do as much today as I had planned. I mentioned earlier that I primed the drive cages and the mounting mt. mount thingies, well the parts dried and I did the black color coat. A day and a half later (earlier today), I put a good layer of that fantastic DupliColor truck bed lining spray stuff. Now scratches will be impossible! BUAHAHAHAH *evil cackle* heh... ehh... yeah, so anyway Today that is drying and tomorrow I will probably clear coat the parts that don't have the truck lining finish. I only have a pic of the primed parts, nothing color coated or truck lining stuff. I might tomarrow. After that, I finally got to my testing of FIBERGLASS! HURRAH!!! I got all my supplied together, must be prepared! I made sure that I had a respirator, plenty of disposable gloves and some goggles just incase. First I went to Home Depot and got some insulating foam that I cut layered into a shape that the fiberglass could be molded on top of. I glued the layers together with Elmer's glue, nothing fancy. I then covered the entire mold in aluminum foil which the fiberglass shouldn't bond to too much. This session is just a test, to see how I work with the fiberglass. If it turns out well, I will be able to use what I have made. If not, I shall try again with my newfound knowledge of fiberglass! I mixed the fiberglass jelly with a few drops of hardener in a plastic cup. My random choice of cup was a bad idea. The resin slowly softened the plastic and halfway through the project I realized that the bottom half of the cup was missing! So I used a cheap plastic container that some rivets came in (which are now neatly on my floor). I cut up a few strips of the fiberglass cloth to have them ready. I then coated the entire mold in the resin. I then placed a strip of cloth on, brushed more resin over it and made sure the resin soaked through the cloth. One thing to note about the brushes, I had to buy a bunch of really cheap ones. One you get the resin on the brush, it isn't coming off. Ever. I had to use two brushes for the first layer of fiberglass. Since this is my first time with fiberglass, and really just a learning experience right now, I didn't do everything how it should have been done. One thing I learned was that the fiberglass cloth doesn't like tight corners. It isn't thin or flexible enough for a nice 90 degree turn. While I wasn't really expecting to achieve a perfect corner, I was able to get it decent enough. From now on though, I will have to cut smaller parts that will meet at the edges rather than trying to bend the cloth over the edges. Working with fiberglass is also much more of a mess than I expected. I thought it would be messy, but not this bad! The fiberglass cloth is a fairly loose weave, so when pieces are cut, the resin likes to pull off strands of fiberglass as the cloth is put in place. Then the fiberglass gets on your hands (which damn well be in gloves) and when you use your fingers to push or poke an edge, a strand attaches itself to your finger and doesn't let go! It is worse that those Face Huggers from Aliens!!! Towards the end of the session, my fingers had annoying strands stuck all over them and a big pile of fiberglass strands which I was able to pull of my hands. It is dark out now and the fiberglass isn't 100% dry, maybe 99%, but that isn't good enough! So tomorrow I will hopefully get to go at the beast with a dremel and then apply another layer. Wish me luck!