1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding painting tips

Discussion in 'Modding' started by dannyqball, 6 May 2004.

1. dannyqball

dannyqball What's a Dremel?

I am trying to paint my cd rom and it has turned out really nice, however the volume dial is still that ugly cream color and the rest is black, how do I get that dial off to paint it.
    Or are there any other suggestions besides stealthing it.
    HELP :grr:

2. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

get a brush and some paint, paint, wait till dry , rotate and so on.

3. Zogthetroll

Zogthetroll What's a Dremel?

well, you've got about three options that I can think of. 1. actual disassembly and removal of the volume control to paint it. will require removing a good number of parts to get it out. 2. get some paint and a fine-tipped craft type brush and paint it by hand (only the front face of the cd-drive should be removed for this). 3. and the quick and dirty (and easiest) solution, get a black permanant marker and recolor the volume knob that way. fortunately i didn't have that problem with mine as the volume knob was a nice grey color instead of matching the rest of the drive. good luck.

4. dannyqball

What about just taking it out and patching the hole? I never use the volume anyway.

5. fallenSaint

fallenSaint What's a Dremel?

Unfortuneatly I cant think of too many cd roms internals off the top of my head but my volumn knob is attached quite solid to my cd rom but thankfully I just stealthed the drive so I dont see it but removal might be a pain in the arse.

6. TMM

TMM Modder

just use a sharpie to "Paint" the volume knob! ;) :rock:

7. dannyqball

Ok, what if I get rid of the knob and bondo the hole? This way I could sand it down and paint it and you will never know it was ever there.