1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Point me in the direction of a cd player

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alekin, 12 Jun 2004.

1. Alekin

Alekin Minimodder

I've been looking at this, it kinda takes my fancy as whathifi gave it 5 stars. Unless someone can show me something even better for the price.
    The amp im using is a marantz sr4400 and id rather not go too far over 100 quid, probably a max of £150

Thanks

2. dom_

dom_ --->

if it was me i would go for this denon its more money, but you really get good value for money.

3. Alekin

Alekin Minimodder

Cheers mate, ill look into it, anyone else got suggestions?

Al

4. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

I'd go for that Marantz player, or the slightly more expensive CD5400OSE. If you've already got a Marantz amp, you don't want that nasty looking Denon cd player next to it ;)

If you're worried about sound quality, just go into a hifi store and listen to them for yourself, but I'm sure they'd both sound equally good.

5. Alekin

Alekin Minimodder

Yeah, i was looking at the CD5400OSE, would look better than the black denon. May end up getting it. As for sound quality, i wouldnt be able to tell the difference. I can only tell the difference if im listening to some crappy system and some high end system.
    Also whats the best sound connection, optical or normal rca jacks?

Al

6. gibson sg

gibson sg What's a Dremel?

It really depends on the quality of the on board dac in your amp. I still prefer the sound using the RCA leads. I have the old marantz CD63KIsig running to my AV9000 pre amp. When using the toslink the sound seems to lose the midrange and the bass is lacking although the high end is bright and clear.

The best thing to do is to try it with both and decide for yourself as you will hear it differently to me.

7. overfloe

overfloe What's a Dremel?

get the marantz mate. for the money it is one of the best. if you want to hook up the cd player to stereo amp analogue rca will be the obvious choice.. interconnects like atlas equator or cheaper qed qunex will do the job..