1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Psone LCD Mod Oct. 16, 2005

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by sui_winbolo, 17 Oct 2005.

1. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

As you can see below my lcd mod before was okay, but looked out of place. I had no idea how to make a panel that wouldn't look out of place. But now with my new case, I can use something little better, aluminum. Yes. Moving on to the pics!
    Old Case
    [​IMG]

New Case
    [​IMG]

Aluminum Sheet, 10ft of thin gauged aluminum. ~ $4

[​IMG]

Measured twice, cut once. Then file. Little rough after filing, but I continued on it.
    [​IMG]

It's not perfect, but with a dremel and nail file, I think I did pretty good. :D
    [​IMG]

The empty space, I had to relocate my DVD drive because the psone lcd sticks out too far on the bottom.
    [​IMG]

What's To Come:

Mount LCD into case
    Make a switch to turn LCD on/off.
    Make a quick disconnect for psone ac adapter

But I have one dilema, how to mount it to the actual case? :wallbash:

Discuss
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=1087912#post1087912

2. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

3. Grunnsetning

Grunnsetning What's a Dremel?

If you take the front panel off you could probably hotglue it from the inside or make some sort of bracket then glue/screw the bracket to the factory holes or wherever.

4. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Figured out how I'm going to mount it and all that fun stuff, more complicated then it should be, but it worked for me before. Basic idea is to sandwich the LCD with two piece of acrylic bolted together (done that before, worked great). Then the acrylic back piece will be bolted to a drive bay cover which will support it all. (drive bay cover will sit back in the 5.25" drive rack) To the front of it the aluminum piece I cut out will be taped (double sided tape) or hot glued to the acrylic. But I've found out hot glue does not like to stick to the slick surface of acrylic. So I might sand it a bit to rough it up.