1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Question about AMS Gmono cases

Discussion in 'Modding' started by A13n0rma1, 20 Jul 2004.

1. A13n0rma1

A13n0rma1 Wannabe

Zap... I know you have one, and a lot of other people here too. So I hope to get an answer soon :D

I know the cases have room for the 120 up front, but what about in the back?

I see mounts for 2 80s, but it almost looks like I could fudge a 120 into there [ granted, not very cleanly... but that's not the point ]

I'd also like to know about the strength of the steel used. I've cut a steel case before, but was this case especially hard?

And for my last question, the top IS riveted on, correct?

2. MegaRouge

MegaRouge What's a Dremel?

I bought the Impression version of this case and modded it. As far as I know it's identical to the gMono.

I really doubt you could get a 120 in the back. Maybe if you cut out the entire back fan mount and made one of your own and stuck it on there you could get a 120 to fit but it would be a very tight squeeze. A *VERY* tight squeeze. You'd be a lot better off mounting two 80's like I did.

It wasn't too tough to cut the side and top panels. I had never cut a case before, but I didn't have any problems drilling and cutting this case with a jigsaw.

The top is riveted on. I drilled the rivets out to work on it. I had planned all along to bolt the top back on, but I never bothered in the end. The side panels hold it all in place anyway.

3. A13n0rma1

A13n0rma1 Wannabe

Thanks for the reply, I'll go ahead and order it tomorrow.

the case is just a temporary because I'm low on time to work on my custom case and my dog has taken a shine to sniffing fans...

And since I already have the 120s I'll be trying to fab a panel to externally mount the fan, as it was plenty obvious already I'd have a tough time doing it, even moreso now.